The Sunflower Communicator
|May 9, 2019||Volume 9, Number 21|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 790
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
2. FITNESS CLUB: Dirty Car? Need a Graduation or Mother's Day present? The Fitness Club will be selling Mister Car Wash passes during May on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the lobby. These passes are good at all 280 Mister sites in 21 states, no expiration date. Passes are $6, $15, or $18. See the front desk for sales times
3. FRONT DESK SERVICES: Please bring exact change or close to it (or a check) when making purchases at the front desk. We have limited funds and are seeing an influx of large bills. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
4. GUEST VISITORS: Must be accompanied by homeowners with valid proximity cards. A guest punch card must be presented at the Village Center and the guest must sign in. There is a limit of five guests per residence per use. Excess of 5 guests will not be allowed. All guests are expected to adhere to the Code of Conduct and Rules and Regulations. The negative actions of guests and/or homeowners can result in the loss of privileges to the Village Center.
5. LINE DANCING: Phyllis Bowcott will teach the beginners & intermediate classes at 10:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. on Friday May 10th. See you there!
6. PAINT N Ė SIP NIGHT: Date is Friday, May 17th from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Tickets are required and will be available in the Village Center on May 10th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Tickets will cost $25.00 which includes everything to paint a 16 x 20 canvas.
7. POOL NOTICE: Due to unforeseen circumstances the pool is currently chlorine only. Sorry for the inconvenience. We hope to have a resolution soon.
8. ROMEO SCHEDULE: The dates and restaurants for the 2019 breakfasts and lunches are on the bulletin board outside the Fitness Room. Check each month's Sun Catcher for car pool times. Sign up by noon on the day prior to the outing, show up and enjoy good food and interesting conversation. No dues to be a ROMEO (Retired Old Men Eating Out). We get separate checks. All restaurants are pre-tasted to assure good eating.
9. STRATEGIC PLANNING MEETING: May 23rd from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. in the Fiesta Room. Board members will be in attendance so quorum will be met.
10. STRETCH AND TONE: Will be held on Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30 a.m. -10:30 a.m. Participants will need to bring their own ball, bands, and weights. You do not need your Fitness Club punch card for this summer class.
11. SUNFLOWER VILLAGE CENTER USERS: Please be courteous of one another. We are seeing groups interrupting other groups in an attempt to set up their event earlier than their scheduled time. If the room is occupied by others do not enter the room. On the same note please do not extend the stay in your room if an event is scheduled following yours. Staff needs time to set up the next event.
12. TECH CLUB MEETING: Are you trying to figure out an iPhone or iPad after years of knowing how to get things done on a PC? Youíre not alone! Find out how to move from PCs to Apple products, plus get info on travel apps so you can plan all your summer trips. Itís the last club meeting until the fall. Wednesday, May 15th, at 10:00 am.
13. TRIVIAL PURSUIT: There will be no Trivial Pursuit on Sunday May 12th due to Mother's Day or May 26th because of Memorial Day. We will meet on May 19th at 1:00 p.m. in the Library.
14. VINTAGE GARDENERS: Invites ALL Sunflower residents to their May 13th meeting at 12:30 p.m. in the Fiesta Room. Scott Richardson, the lead biologist for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Tucson Sub-office will be reporting on the Marana study of the lesser long nosed bat. Come early and get a good seat.
15. WILLCOX WINE FESTIVAL: Date is May 19th, meet at the Sunflower Center at 9:00 a.m. for carpooling to the event. Register for the event on May 10th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. so we get an idea of how many are interested in attending and driving.
16. CHECK YOUR SUBSCRIPTION PROFILE: Please use the "update your preferences" link at the bottom of this Communicator to verify, and update as necessary, your subscription profile. Please note that the Communicator subscribers profile database is separate from, and not shared with, the management company. You can check that the First Service Residential has your correct information, including email address, with a staff member at the front desk.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association