Trouble viewing this email? Read the newsletter on the web (available within 24 hours).
The Sunflower Communicator
|April 18, 2019||Volume 9, Number 17|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Assistant Community Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 793
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. SITE INSPECTIONS: Management does site inspections looking for homes that may not be in compliance. This includes but is not limited to weeds in yards, bushes that need to be trimmed, vehicles parked in yards, trailers, houses that need to be repainted, landscape rock replenishment, etc.
Homeowners are responsible for keeping their lot free of weeds. This includes the strip between the sidewalk and street. If you are on the corner the area from your block wall to the street is also your responsibility unless it is a designated common area. The avoid receiving a violation letter please do your part in keeping Sunflower a beautiful and attractive community.
2. ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE: We need 2 men (1 part could also be a woman) to complete our play roster. The one part is very important and must be filled to go on with the show. Please consider joining us in what will prove to be a very entertaining evening. If interested, please call Karen Barta at 586-292-6177 for more information.
3. EASTER HOURS: The Village Center will be open Sunday, April 21st from 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
4. FRONT DESK SERVICES: Please bring exact change or close to it (or a check) when making purchases at the front desk. We have limited funds and are seeing an influx of large bills. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
5. PAINT – N – SIP NIGHT: Date is Friday, May 17th from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Tickets are required and will be available in the Village Center on May 7th from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and May 10th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Tickets will cost $25.00 which includes everything to paint a 16 x 20 canvas.
6. SOCIAL CLUB: May 18th event will be a Pot Luck dinner with ham. The club will provide the ham and you will be asked to bring a salad, side dish, or dessert. Tickets will be on sale Monday, April 29th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Tickets are $2. This is for Members Only. Membership dues are $5. Call Fran Gauthier @ 572-2167 with questions.
7. STUDY SESSION: Wednesday, April 24th at 10:00 a.m. CIF discussion.
8. SUNFLOWER CHORALE SPRING CONCERT: Dates and times are May 2nd and 3rd at 4:30 p.m. and May 5th at 2:00 p.m. Tickets are required and are going fast! They will be available again in the Village Center on Monday, April 22nd, from 1:00 p.m. until 3:00 p.m. There is no charge for the tickets, but cash donations at the concerts are greatly appreciated.
9. WILLCOX WINE FESTIVAL: Date is May 19 meet at the Sunflower Center at 9:00 a.m. for carpooling to the event. Register for the event on May 7th from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and May 10th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. so we get an idea of how many are interested in attending and driving.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association