The Sunflower Communicator
|April 4, 2019||Volume 9, Number 15|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Assistant Community Manager: ext. 11
Community Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 791
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. ATTENTION: The weather is heating up and guests are arriving at Sunflower. Only holders of valid proximity cards or their guests (when guest punch cards are presented at the Center desk) are entitled to use the association facilities. Homeowners are required to sign in their guests and have the guest card punched. Guests are limited to five at a time. Please also familiarize yourself and your guests (particularly children) with the Pool and Spa Policy Rules found here: https://sunflowerliving.com/monthly/2009/Assoc_Policy_Manual/06.07-Spa%26PoolRules_01_13_2016.pdf
2. AGE VERIFICATION NOTICE: Letters have been mailed out. Section 2.3 Age Restriction in your CCRS will provide additional information in regards to why it’s important for ALL homeowners to respond to this notice. An 80% requirement is needed in order to maintain the Housing for Older Person status and be exempt from familial discrimination.
3. APRIL DANCE: Friday April 5th from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Donations accepted. BYOB.
4. ASSESSMENTS: HOA Semi-Annual Assessments have been mailed out per your CCRS assessments and are due April 1st. If you have not received this please contact the Village Center.
5. BEGINNING SPANISH: Sun Catcher Schedule Correction
This class was completed in March and is expected to resume in the Fall if enough interest. Please contact Eugenia Meenan at firstname.lastname@example.org for class
6. CODE OF CONDUCT: Sunflower’s members, occupants and guests are expected to strictly adhere to the code of conduct found on page 6 of Rules and Regulations. Please take a few minutes to reacquaint yourself with them. They can be found here: https://sunflowerliving.com/yearly/Gov_Docs/1.6.5_Rules_and_Regulations-RevD-02-13-2019.pdf
7. GARDEN TREASURES BY VINTAGE GARDENERS: APRIL 6th - ALL TICKET HOLDERS : GARDEN TOURS 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. with ICE CREAM SOCIAL 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Tour the gardens at your leisure in your sequence. Ice Cream will be served on the Community Center's Patio .Please check with the garden host if photos are allowed. REMINDER: You MUST present your ticket at every garden and at the Ice Cream Social.
8. ROMEO-2 BREAKFAST NEWS: Attention Men of Sunflower: A list of the dates and the restaurants for the remainder of 2019 is posted on the bulletin board just outside the Fitness Center. Breakfast reservations are 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday. If you want the list emailed to you, send an email to email@example.com with subject 'ROMEO-2 . Please, include your name in the email. Check the Sun Catcher each month for carpool time.
9. SHRED-IT-EVENT: Saturday, April 6th from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (event will conclude earlier if truck fills up) at Twin Peaks Elementary School 7995 W. Twin Peaks Road.
10. SPRING YARD SALE: Saturday, April 13th from 7:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Deadline to sign up is Wednesday, April 10th. Cost is $5.
11. STAR SPANGLED SENIORS: Will be putting on a Theatrical Show on Tuesday, April 9th at 1:30 p.m. We are asking for a free will donation with the suggestion of $5 per person to help defray their costs for bringing their entertainment to others. A member of our Community is a participant in this group. Please join us.
12. SUNFLOWER CHORALE SPRING CONCERT: Dates and times are May 2nd and 3rd at 4:30 and May 5th at 2:00. Tickets are required and will be available again in the Village Center on April 9th from 10:00 a.m. until 12:00 noon. There is no charge for the tickets, but cash donations at the concerts are greatly appreciated.
13. SUNFLOWER SOCIAL CLUB: We will not be having an event in April due to Easter being on the day after our regular scheduled date. Stay tuned for our May “Potluck”.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association