The Sunflower Communicator
|March 14, 2019||Volume 9, Number 12|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Community Coordinator: ext. 11
Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 795
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. TOWN HALL MEETING: Monday March 18, 2019 1:00 p.m. -3:00 p.m. For the 3 proposed CIF projects.
2. PRO EDGE PRESENTATION SPORTS COURTS: Monday, March 25th from 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. We encourage all racquetball court players to attend this meeting since you utilize these courts regularly.
3. ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE: We are looking for volunteers and if interested, our next meeting is March 20th, 10:30 a.m. or you can call Karen at 586-292-6177 for more info.
4. FUN KARAOKE: The Snowbirds join in for another Fun-filled evening of Karaoke songs on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m.
5. MURDER MYSTERY/DINNER...CAST CALLING: Meeting March 22nd, 5:00 p.m. for those interested in participating. We need 12 women, 8 men. Ad-libbing encouraged. Plenty of time to learn parts.
6. MUSIC AND DINNER: The Station will be cooking dinner at Music Under the Star starting at 5:00. You will have a choice of hamburger, cheeseburger, hot dog, chips, and a drink for $8.00. We will also have ice cream bars for $3.00. This dinner will be a fundraising activity for The Fitness Club. We thank you for your support.
7. MUSIC UNDER THE STARS: Saturday, March 30th, 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. The Rainy Daze Band will be featured and the event is FREE. Hometown colors and team spirit is the theme. Grab those lawn chairs and come eat, drink and dance with us!
8. NEW EMAIL SERVICE: We are now using a new email service to deliver the Communicator that should result in faster and more reliable deliveries. In addition, it is now possible to manage your own subscription on line; see Subscription Services below for details.
9. QUILTER'S SPRING TEA : Saturday, March 23, 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. in the Fiesta Room. Cost is $7.00 per person. Handmade items for sale. Everyone is welcome! Limited seating, but if you did not get to the scheduled times, call Pat Blazick-Peterson to purchase a ticket. (651)261- 9862.
10. SUNFLOWER BLASTS: If you are subscribed to the Sunflower Communicator, you will also receive occasional "Sunflower Blasts" which are short notes concerning special meetings, schedule changes, closings, etc.
11. SUNFLOWER GENEALOGY SOCIETY: Every Monday between 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. the Society’s Genealogy Guides are available to assist you in genealogy work. Our next general meeting is Tuesday, March 19th and 2:00 p.m. Buzz Brooks will lead a discussion on "Finding Women in Public Records." Historically, when women married, their maiden name became lost to history, leading to holes in family trees and stories. We will explore strategies to recover forgotten surnames.
12. SUNFLOWER SOCIAL CLUB: Reminder for those who bought tickets for Saturday’s “Scavenger Hunt”: Please come to the clubhouse at 2:30 p.m. to check in and receive the list of items for you to hunt down here in Sunflower. People who bought tickets but don’t want to participate in the “hunt” should arrive by 5:30 p.m.
13. TECH CLUB MEETING: Do you back up your computer or tablet or phone regularly? Come to this month’s Tech Club meeting to find out all about running back-ups - why, and how, and where to store your important data. Don’t wait for a crash - be prepared! Wednesday, March 20th, at 10 a.m.
14. TRIVIAL PURSUIT: Every Sunday from 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Have fun and exercise your brain.
15. TRAVEL CLUB: Our Sales Desk is Wednesday March 20th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Last chance to sign up for March 26th’s 6:00 p.m. MEMBERSHIP MEETING followed by dinner. $1 fee to sign up for planning purposes. Please plan to attend to give your input on next season’s trips. Also last chance for April 4th’s PUB CRAWL at $75 pp. Two tickets are still available. Call Tim Murphy @797-4954 with any questions.
16. WARM WELCOME: Please stop in and give a warm welcome our two new front desk staff members, Janice Brown and Pat Duffy.
17. 2019 FINE ARTS AND CRAFTS FESTIVAL: Great News! The 19th annual Fine Arts and Crafts Festival is scheduled this year for November 8th & 9th! The applications are available at the front desk and online at Sunflowerliving.com. Go to resident information, scroll down to forms and click Fine Arts and Crafts Festival for the application. If you have any questions, you can call Linda Jordan at 572-1705.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association