The Sunflower Communicator
|March 7, 2019||Volume 9, Number 11|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Community Coordinator: ext. 11
Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 797
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
2. BOARD MEETING: Wednesday, March 13th at 10:00 a.m. Agenda can be found online at https://sunflowerliving.com/archive/00_monthly_2019_bod_agenda.pdf.
A copy of the board book can be found in the lobby at the Village Center
3. COMMUNITY TOWN HALL MEETING: For the 3 proposed CIF projects. Thursday March 7, 2019 6:00 p.m. -8:00 p.m. and Monday March 18, 2019 1:00 p.m. -3:00 p.m.
4. ILLINOIS PARTY: Sunday March 10th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. in the Fiesta Room. Put it on your calendars and come join in with ILLINOIS stories and fellowship. Bring any of your friends who now live in ILLINOIS and join us in Sunflower for the winter, or are from ILLINOIS, or even lived in ILLINOIS for a short time. All are welcome and bring your favorite ILLINOIS dish, appetizer, or snack to share.
5. MURDER MYSTERY/DINNER...CAST CALLING: Meeting March 22nd, 5:00 p.m. for those interested in participating. We need 12 women, 8 men. Ad-libbing encouraged. Plenty of time to learn parts.
6. MUSIC UNDER THE STARS: Saturday, March 30th, 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. The Rainy Daze Band will be featured and the event is FREE. Hometown colors and team spirit is the theme. Grab those lawn chairs and come eat, drink and dance with us!
7. NEW EMAIL SERVICE: We are now using a new email service to deliver the Communicator that should result in faster and more reliable deliveries. In addition, it is now possible to manage your own subscription on line; see Subscription Services below for details.
8. QUILTER'S SPRING TEA : Saturday, March 23, 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. in the Fiesta Room. Cost is $7.00 per person. Handmade items for sale. Everyone is welcome! Limited seating, but if you did not get to the scheduled times, call Pat Blazick-Peterson to purchase a ticket. (651)261- 9862.
9. SINGLES AND FRIENDS: All residents are welcomed!! Membership not required. Join the fun for The Scavenger Hunt, March 16, 2019 beginning at 2:30 p.m. We will meet in the Fiesta room at 2:30 p.m. and return to the Fiesta Room at 5:00 p.m. for tally, winners, prizes and dinner. Tickets are $10.00.Call: Fran Gauthier 520-572-2167.
10. ST. PATRICK’S DAY POTLUCK NEWS: Tickets for the March St. Patrick’s Day Potluck Dinner have SOLD OUT! We look forward to seeing all of you on Thursday, March 14th at 5:30pm. Make sure you wear something GREEN! If you have purchased tickets and find out you cannot attend, please let the front desk know so we can move your tickets to people on the waiting list.
11. SUNFLOWER BLASTS: If you are subscribed to the Sunflower Communicator, you will also receive occasional "Sunflower Blasts" which are short notes concerning special meetings, schedule changes, closings, etc.
12. SUNFLOWER GENEALOGY SOCIETY: Struggling with research and/or writing your family genealogy? Did you know, that next Monday and every Monday at 4:00 p.m. at the Community Center you can get expert help with your problem? Under the SGS Genealogy Guides program you can have a one on one session with one of their experienced Guides. Check it out.
13. TECH CLUB HELP SESSION: This Sunday from 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. If you need help with your portable devices please stop by.
14. TRAVEL CLUB: Our next sales desk is Wednesday March 20th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Sign up for March 26th’s 6:00 p.m. MEMBERSHIP MEETING followed by dinner. $1 fee to sign up for planning purposes. Please plan to attend to give your input on next season’s trips. There are still two tickets available for April 4th’s Pub Crawl at $75. pp.
15. TRIVIAL PURSUIT: Have fun. Play for fun and exercise your brain. Play in teams. Every Sunday, from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Starts March 10, 2019.
16. VINTAGE GARDENER: SF Gardens Tours & Ice Cream Social - TICKET SALES ($10) on March 12th 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. . ALL Sunflower residents are invited to attend our 'Garden Treasures' event
17. 2019 FINE ARTS AND CRAFTS FESTIVAL: Great News! The 19th annual Fine Arts and Crafts Festival is scheduled this year for November 8th & 9th! The applications are available at the front desk and online at Sunflowerliving.com. Go to resident information, scroll down to forms and click Fine Arts and Crafts Festival for the application. If you have any questions, you can call Linda Jordan at 572-1705.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association