The Sunflower Communicator
|March 1, 2019||Volume 9, Number 10|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Community Coordinator: ext. 11
Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 800
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers on a timely basis whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community.
The Latest News
1. ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE: Murder Mystery/Dinner...Cast calling. Meeting to be announced in March for those interested in participating. We need 12 women, 8 men.
2. "CLASS OF 59": St. Patty's March Dance is this Saturday, March 2nd.
Time: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Wear "Green"--BYOB. Donations accepted for the Band.
3. COMMUNITY TOWN HALL MEETING: For the 3 proposed CIF projects. Thursday March 7, 2019 6:00 p.m. -8:00 p.m. and Monday March 18, 2019 1:00 p.m. -3:00 p.m.
4. ILLINOIS PARTY: Sunday March 10th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. in the Fiesta Room. Put it on your calendars and come join in with ILLINOIS stories and fellowship. Bring any of your friends who now live in ILLINOIS and join us in Sunflower for the winter, or are from ILLINOIS, or even lived in ILLINOIS for a short time. All are welcome and bring your favorite ILLINOIS dish, appetizer, or snack to share.
5. NEW EMAIL SERVICE: We are now using a new email service to deliver the Communicator that should result in faster and more reliable deliveries. In addition, it is now possible to manage your own subscription online; see Subscription Services below for details.
6. PAWS ON PARADE: Is March 2nd at 11:00 a.m. There is still time to register. Call Sharon 520-401-8824
7. SINGLES & FRIENDS: Our sales desk will be on Thursday March 7th from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. for our March 16th “Scavenger Hunt”. Come to the clubhouse at 2:30 p.m. that day to get your list of items to be hunted down in Sunflower. Return at 5:00 p.m for prizes followed by dinner. All residents of Sunflower are invited to join us for this fun activity. Tickets are $10
8. SUNFLOWER QUILTER'S TEA: March 23, Saturday 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. in the Fiesta Room. Handmade items for sale. Monies earned this day go to purchase materials to make quilts and other items to be donated to AVIVA. Everyone is welcome to purchase tickets on Wednesday March 6th, from 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
9. TRAVEL CLUB: Sales desk will be open on Wednesday, March 6th, from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Only two tickets left for the March 24th TSO show - $72. Still available is the Pub Crawl on April 4th for $75. Check Sun Catcher for details. Sign up for March 26th’s 6:00 p.m. semi-annual MEMBERSHIP MEETING followed by dinner. $1 fee to sign up.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association