The Sunflower Communicator
|February 21, 2019||Volume 9, Number 9|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Community Coordinator: ext. 11
Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 799
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community on a timely basis.
The Latest News
2. "CLASS OF 59": St. Patty's March Dance is Saturday, 2nd.
Time: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Wear "Green"--BYOB. Donations accepted for the Band.
3. CLICK PAY EVENT: First Service Residential, your management company is providing a convenient and secure way for you to manage and make online payments through Clickpay. Join us on Monday, February 25th starting at 9:30 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. for assistance in signing up.
4. COMMUNITY TOWN HALL MEETING: For the 3 proposed CIF projects. Thursday March 7, 2019 6:00 p.m. -8:00 p.m. and Monday March 18, 2019 1:00 p.m. -3:00 p.m.
5. ILLINOIS PARTY: Sunday March 10th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. in the Fiesta Room. Put it on your calendars and come join in with ILLINOIS stories and fellowship. Bring any of your friends who now live inILLINOIS and join us in Sunflower for the winter, or are from ILLINOIS, or even lived in ILLINOIS for a short time. All are welcome and bring your favorite ILLINOIS dish, appetizer, or snack to share.
6. NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH MEETING: Tuesday, February 26, 2019
Fiesta Room 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
7. NEW EMAIL SERVICE: We are now using a new email service to deliver the Communicator that should result in faster and more reliable deliveries. In addition, it is now possible to manage your own subscription online; see Subscription Services below for details.
8. PAWS ON PARADE: March 2nd at 11:00 a.m. To pre-register Call Sharon 520-401-8824 by February 26th.
9. ROMEO BREAKFAST: On Tuesday, February 26th we will have breakfast at one of the groups all time favorites, Old Tyme Cafe, at 1485 W Prince. Sign up at the front desk by noon, Monday, February 25th. Carpool from the Village Center at 8:35 am. Reservation is at 9 am. Good food. Good conversation. Separate checks and no dues to be a ROMEO.
10. SINGLES & FRIENDS: Our sales desk will be on Monday, February 25th for next month’s “Scavenger Hunt”. You will come to the clubhouse at 2:30 p.m. on March 16th to get your list of items to be hunted down in Sunflower. Return at 5:00 with prizes given out at 5:30 p.m. followed by dinner. All residents of Sunflower are invited to join us for this fun activity. Tickets are $10.
11. SUNDAY HELP SESSION REMINDER: This is the Sunday we provide help from Tech Club Members and National Honor Society Members from Marana High School. The session is from 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
12. SUNFLOWER QUILTER'S TEA: March 23, Saturday 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. in the Fiesta Room. Handmade items for sale. Monies earned this day goes to purchase materials to make quilts and other items to be donated to AVIVA. Everyone is welcome to purchase tickets on Thursday, February 28th, from 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. and Wednesday March 6th, from 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
13. TRAVEL CLUB: Our semi-annual Membership Meeting will be on March 26th at 6:00 p.m. We will be voting on new Board Members and announcing some possible trips for our next season. Your input is very helpful. We will be having a Barbeque dinner following the meeting. $1 registration is required. Sign up at one of our sales desks on March 6th and March 20th.
14. VILLAGE CENTER HOURS CHANGE: Effective immediately. We are now open Monday-Saturday at 7:30 a.m. rather than 7:00 a.m. Hours have been extended until 9:00 p.m. on Fridays.
15. VINTAGE GARDENERS MEMBERS REMINDER: February Field Trip on February 26, 2019 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. to San Augustin Mission Garden. Requesting that you sign up for this trip and indicate if you can drive since we are trying to carpool. Contact Nancy Hrigora at firstname.lastname@example.org or 810-923-4117 to sign up.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association