The Sunflower Communicator
|February 14, 2019||Volume 9, Number 08|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Community Coordinator: ext. 11
Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, & Wed:
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu & Sat:
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 802
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community on a timely basis.
The Latest News
1. ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE: Murder Mystery/Dinner...Cast calling. Meeting to be announced in March for those interested in participating. We need 12 women, 8 men. Ad-libbing encouraged. Plenty of time to learn parts.
2. ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES CLOSED: Monday, February 18th in observance of Presidents day.
3. CLICK PAY EVENT: First Service Residential, your management company is providing a convenient and secure way for you to manage and make online payments through Clickpay. Join us on Monday, February 25th starting at 9:30 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. for assistance in signing up.
4. COFFEE KLATCH: Has been canceled for Saturday, February 16th due to the Sunflower Care Fair.
5. FITNESS ROOM EQUIPMENT: The Fitness Room has had some pieces of equipment moved around by Marathon Fitness so that the two pieces that are meant to be wheelchair accessible are now compliant. Please DO NOT move any equipment.
6. FITNESS ROOM INPUT: How would you feel IF the free weights and both weight benches were to be moved into the PT room? There is a floor fan in that room currently. We are looking into the possibility of getting a ball and mat rack so that it is off the floor and not taking up space. This would open up the area in the main room IF we were to adjust or add equipment. There is a clipboard on the bench near the fitness door for you to fill out and give us your opinion in regards to your workout room.
7. FUN KARAOKE: The Snowbirds join in for another Fun-filled evening of Karaoke songs on Tuesday, February 19th at 6:30 p.m.
8. GENEALOGY SOCIETY: The Society is privileged to have Dr. Melanie Sturgeon as the guest speaker for our February 19th regular meeting which starts at 2:00 p.m. at the Village Center. Dr. Sturgeon recently retired from a management and State Archivist position with the Arizona State Library. Her presentation is titled "Extra Extra .. Finding Family in News of the Day" and illustrates how old newspapers can help fill in the blanks when other sources are unattainable.
9. ILLINOIS PARTY: Sunday March 10th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. in the Fiesta Room. Put it on your calendars and come join in with ILLINOIS stories and fellowship. Bring any of your friends who now live in ILLINOIS and join us in Sunflower for the winter, or are from ILLINOIS, or even lived in ILLINOIS for a short time. All are welcome and bring your favorite ILLINOIS dish, appetizer, or snack to share.
10. OWLS: Our February OWLS dinner will be on Wednesday the 20th leaving from the center at 4:30 p.m carpooling to the "Union Public House Gastropub at 4340 N. Campbell. Sign up at the center.
11. PAWS ON PARADE: March 2nd at 11:00 a.m. To pre-register Call Sharon 520-401-8824 by February 26th.
12. SINGLES AND FRIENDS: Ticket sales will begin at this Saturday night’s "Sock Hop" for our March 16th “Scavenger Hunt”. Bring $10 to buy your ticket for an afternoon of fun starting at 2:30 followed by an evening dinner. Details will be given Saturday night.
13. SUNFLOWER CARE FAIR: Saturday, February 16, 2019 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Plan to come to the second annual Care Fair at the Village Center and learn about all the service that are here to help you. The Station will be serving lunch for you to purchase.
14. TECH CLUB: Are you on Facebook? Instagram? Other social media? How can you stay Safe on these popular sites? Protect your privacy online. Find out how, on Wednesday February 20th at 10:00 a.m.
15. TRAVEL CLUB: Sales desk open on Wednesday, February 20th, from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. There are only four tickets left for the March 24th TSO show - $72. Still available is the Pub Crawl on April 4th for $75. Check Sun Catcher for details. Sign up beginning for March 26th’s 6:00 p.m. semi-annual MEMBERSHIP MEETING followed by dinner. $1 fee to sign up.
16. VILLAGE CENTER HOURS CHANGE: Effective immediately. We are now open Monday -Saturday at 7:30 a.m. rather than 7:00 a.m. Hours have been extended until 9:00 p.m. on Fridays
17. VINTAGE GARDENERS MEMBERS REMINDER: February Field Trip on February 26th 2019 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. to San Augustin Mission Garden. Requesting that you sign up for this trip and indicate if you can drive since we are trying to carpool. Contact Nancy Hrigora at firstname.lastname@example.org or 810-923-4117 to sign up.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association