The Sunflower Communicator
|February 7, 2019||Volume 9, Number 07|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Community Coordinator: ext. 11
Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, Wed & Fri:
7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu & Sat:
7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 816
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community on a timely basis.
The Latest News
1. ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE: Murder Mystery/Dinner...Cast calling. Meeting to be announced in March for those interested in participating. We need 12 women, 8 men. Ad-libbing encouraged. Plenty of time to learn parts.
2. BINGO: Tuesday, February 12th at a NEW TIME 6:00 p.m.
3. COFFEE KLATCH: Has been canceled for Saturday, February 16th due to the Sunflower Care Fair.
4. COMMUNICATOR: Please do NOT reply to communicator emails. The administrator is a volunteer. If you have any comments, concerns or questions about anything that you receive from this list, please address them to BOD members or management.
For BOD Members: https://sunflowerliving.com/pageholder/2009/board.html
For Management and Staff: https://sunflowerliving.com/pageholder/2009/association_staff.html
5. FITNESS ROOM EQUIPMENT: The Fitness Room has had some pieces of equipment moved around by Marathon Fitness so that the two pieces that are meant to be wheelchair accessible are now compliant. Please DO NOT move any equipment.
6. FITNESS ROOM INPUT: How would you feel IF the free weights and both weight benches were to be moved into the PT room? There is a floor fan in that room currently. We are looking into the possibility of getting a ball and mat rack so that it is off the floor and not taking up space. This would open up the area in the main room IF we were to adjust or add equipment. There is a clipboard on the bench near the fitness door for you to fill out and give us your opinion in regards to your workout room.
7. ILLINOIS PARTY: Sunday March 10th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. in the Fiesta Room. Put it on your calendars and come join in with ILLINOIS stories and fellowship. Bring any of your friends who now live in ILLINOIS and join us in Sunflower for the winter, or are from ILLINOIS, or even lived in ILLINOIS for a short time. All are welcome and bring your favorite ILLINOIS dish, appetizer, or snack to share.
8. PAWS ON PARADE: March 2nd at 11:00 a.m. To pre-register Call Sharon 520-401-8824 by February 26th.
9. SINGLES & FRIENDS: We still have tickets available for February 16th’s “Let’s go to the Hop”. $10 will get you a Fried Chicken dinner followed by toe-tapping music from yesteryear. Come and enjoy the festivities even if you don’t dance. ALL RESIDENTS OF SUNFLOWER and their guests are welcome. Membership is $5 per calendar year. Call Fran Gauthier @ 572-2167 up until Sunday, February 10th for tickets.
10. SUNFLOWER CARE FAIR: Saturday, February 16, 2019 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Plan to come to the second annual Care Fair at the Village Center and learn about all the service that are here to help you. The Station will be serving lunch for you to purchase.
11.TECH CLUB HELP SESSION: This Sunday from 2:00 p.m. -3:30 p.m. in the craft room. Bring your phone, tablet or laptop for help with that frustrating problem.
12. TRAVEL CLUB: The bus for the Cottonwood/Sedona trip will be leaving at 8:30 next Tuesday, February 12th, with check-in by 8:15. If you want to be added to the Wait List please call Adele Suomela @ 952-270-0738. Tickets are still available for the March 24th TSO show and the April 4th Pub Crawl. Check your Sun Catcher for details.
13. VALENTINE'S DANCE: Saturday, February, 9th *SOLD OUT*
14.VALENTINE’S DAY POTLUCK: Is February 14, 2019. A few tickets are available call hostess Sharyn Fincher; 520.665.8830 to purchase.
15. VETERANS COOK-OUT REMINDER: It starts at 11:00 a.m. and is over at 1:30 p.m.
16. VINTAGE GARDENERS MEMBERS REMINDER: February Field Trip on February 26th 2019 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. to San Augustin Mission Garden. Requesting that you sign up for this trip and indicate if you can drive since we are trying to carpool. Contact Nancy Hrigora at firstname.lastname@example.org or 810-923-4117 to sign up.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association