The Sunflower Communicator
|January 31, 2019||Volume 9, Number 06|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Community Coordinator: ext. 11
Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, Wed & Fri:
7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu & Sat:
7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 815
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community on a timely basis.
The Latest News
1. COMMUNICATOR: Please do NOT reply to communicator emails. The administrator is a volunteer. If you have any comments, concerns or questions about anything that you receive from this list, please address them to BOD members or management.
For BOD Members: https://sunflowerliving.com/pageholder/2009/board.html
For Management and Staff: https://sunflowerliving.com/pageholder/2009/association_staff.html
2. ATTENTION NEW HOMEOWNERS: That moved into Sunflower in 2018. If you haven’t RSVP’d for the New Resident Welcome Party, being held Saturday, February 2nd, 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., in the Fiesta Room, please do so now, so the Welcome Committee has an accurate count for food preparation, room set-up and name tags. Call Lynn Haye at 520-572-6741 or email Liz Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
3. BOCCE: Tucson Senior Olympic Bocce Tournament results. Sunflower Ladies took the BRONZE MEDAL with the team of Bonnie Huff, Shirley Anderson, Barbara Van Brunt and Lois Dudych. The men took the top three medals. GOLD MEDAL: Ed Schaefer, Larry Grimm, Joe Curreri and Don Schmidt. SILVER MEDAL: Ed Alsobrooks, Gene Wittmann, Steve Turkington and Don Seymour. BRONZE MEDAL: Marty Rice, Fran Flynn, Jerry Gartner and Erwin Stolz
4. DONATE FRUIT: Have trees overflowing with fruit? Iskashitaa will harvest it and donate it. To donate your fruit visit: http://www.iskashitaa.org/fruit-donor-form/ or call: 520.440.0100.
5. FINANCE COMMITTEE: Has changed its meeting day and time for 2019 to the 4th Monday of the month at 10:30 a.m. in the Conference Room
6. SINGLES AND FRIENDS: Last sales desk for February 16th’s “Let’s go to the Hop” is Tuesday, February 5th, from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. $10 gets you a Fried Chicken dinner followed by toe-tapping music from yesteryear. ALL SUNFLOWR RESIDENTS and their guests are welcome to attend our dinner and entertainment on the third Saturday of each month. Membership is $5 per calendar year. Call Fran Gauthier @ 572-2167 up until Saturday, February 9th for tickets.
7. SUNFLOWER CARE FAIR: Saturday, February 16, 2019 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Plan to come to the second annual Care Fair at the Village Center and learn about all the service that are here to help you. The Station will be serving lunch for you to purchase.
8. TRAVEL CLUB: Our Sales Desk will be on Wednesday, February 6th, from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Sales will continue for the March 24th TSO Show @ $72 pp and the April 4th Pub Crawl @ $75 pp. Please note that Bacchus Wine Club members are invited to participate without joining the Travel Club.
9. VALENTINE'S DANCE: Sat., Feb. 9th * 6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. * Tickets $7.50, Fri Feb 1st 10:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m.
10. VALENTINE’S DAY POTLUCK: Is February 14, 2019. Come and enjoy a fun evening of Friendship & Memories; 5:30 p.m. Social Hour, 6:00 p.m. Dinner Tickets will be on sale Thursday, Jan. 31st, Monday, Feb. 4th 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Hostess is Sharyn Fincher; 520.665.8830
11. VETERANS CLUB: Alert! Our Veterans cook-out ticket sales are low! We are adding an extra ticket sale day on Saturday, February 2nd from 8:00 a.m. – 10: 00 a.m
12. VETERANS CLUB PRESENTATION: Did you know that during the cold war with Russia the US Army and other agencies carried out a Top Secret Spying Program? It was in operation for almost 20 years and de-classified in 1995. Our own Allen Fannin has researched the program, met participants, and undergone training in their methods. He has volunteered to share his research and firsthand knowledge Wednesday, February 6th at 9:30 a.m. You absolutely won’t want to miss this exciting presentation.
13. WIDOWS, WIDOWERS, RELATIVES OF DECEASED VETERANS, and/or SURVIVING VETERANS: In January, a team of experts from the VA presented an information-packed forum on the benefits available to family members of deceased veterans. If you weren’t able to attend, please contact Tom Shambo. He can give you the name of a contact person to help you discern what is available to you.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association