The Sunflower Communicator
|January 24, 2019||Volume 9, Number 05|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Community Coordinator: ext. 11
Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, Wed & Fri:
7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu & Sat:
7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 814
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community on a timely basis.
The Latest News
1. BOCCE SENIOR OLYMPICS: Co-ed plays on Friday and Saturday. Come on out to the courts and cheer for your favorite teams. We welcome all of our visitors from all around Tucson. Hope to see you there.
2. DONATE FRUIT: Have trees overflowing with fruit? Iskashitaa will harvest it and donate it. To donate your fruit visit: http://www.iskashitaa.org/fruit-donor-form/ or call: 520.440.0100.
3. FINANCE COMMITTEE: Has changed its meeting day and time for 2019 to the 4th Monday of the month at 10:30 a.m. in the Conference Room
4. FINANCIAL SEMINAR: Do Sunflower's Financials make sense? Wednesday, Jan 30th at 10:00 a.m. Want to get a head start? Pick up a pre-quiz for the seminar from the front desk at the Village Center.
5. GREAT MINNESOTA GET-TOGETHER: Sunday, Jan 27th at 1:00 p.m. in the Fiesta Room. Please bring a salad, appetizer or dessert to share. Water and coffee provided. Come ready to share one of your fondest memories of life in Minnesota.
6. SINGLES AND FRIENDS: We will be selling tickets for February 16th’s “Let’s go to the Hop” this Friday, the 25th, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. for $10. We will serve a Fried Chicken dinner followed by toe-tapping music from yesteryear. ALL RESIDENTS OF SUNFLOWER and their guests are welcome to attend our dinner and entertainment on the third Saturday of each month. Membership is $5 per calendar year.
7. SUNFLOWER CARE FAIR: Saturday, February 16, 2019 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Plan to come to the second annual Care Fair at the Village Center and learn about all the service that are here to help you. The Station will be serving lunch for you to purchase.
8. TECH HELP SESSION: Sunday, January 27th from 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. in the Craft Room. The last session was packed out. If you have a phone, tablet or laptop that you need help with, we would like to help you.
9. TRAVEL CLUB: The bus will be leaving for “An American in Paris” this Saturday, January 26th, at 10:00 a.m. and we should be back around 6:00 p.m.
10. VALENTINE'S DANCE: Sat., Feb. 9th * 6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. * Tickets $7.50 Thurs Jan 24th , 10:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m. and Fri Feb 1st 10:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m.
11. VALENTINE’S DAY POTLUCK: Is February 14, 2019. Come and enjoy a fun evening of Friendship & Memories; 5:30 p.m. Social Hour, 6:00 p.m. Dinner Tickets will be on sale Thursday, Jan. 31st, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Monday, Feb. 4th 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Hostess is Sharyn Fincher; 520.665.8830
12. VINTAGE GARDENERS: Is hosting another membership opportunity at the center, Tuesday, January 29th from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. After this date all $5 2019 renewal or new memberships will be available at monthly meetings or by contacting Nancy Clutter.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association