The Sunflower Communicator
|January 17, 2019||Volume 9, Number 04|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Community Coordinator: ext. 11
Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, Wed & Fri:
7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu & Sat:
7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 813
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community on a timely basis.
The Latest News
1. ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE: Is recruiting new members. Do you have ideas and would like to include them in our offerings, get involved. Our next meeting is Wednesday, March 16th, 10:30 a.m. Please join us and see if this is a place for you.
2. ASSESSMENTS: If you still owe any assessments to Sunflower for your HOA dues please contact management immediately. Late fees will be charged January 31st and we are trying our best to help you with a friendly reminder before you incur a lot of unnecessary expenses that you are required to pay if you are delinquent.
3. BEWARE OF SCAMS: There are phone calls going out again where someone says, “Hi Grandma, I’m in trouble and need money.”
Please don’t fall for these scams. Do not give out any banking or credit card any information.
4. BOARD NOTICE:
The following took place at the Board meeting on Jan. 9, 2019:
A. Policies posted for 30 days at the Center for Resident review/input. These are located on a credenza there.
1. #3.06 - Bulletin Board Policy
2. #6.03 - Community Center Operating Hours
3. #9.01 - Lot(Home) Rental Policy
B. The Board voted to continue to use the Guest Punch cards. Proximity cards will not be issued for Guests. The cost will stay at $1 per punch and each new card will continue to have 24 punches ($24 per card). Residents with Proximity Cards will continue to sign in their guests at the Center and the 5-guest limit is still in effect. The Rules and Regulations document will be updated reflecting this information
5. BOCCE: It’s here! The 2019 Tucson Senior Olympic Bocce Tournament. Starting Monday, January 21st at 9:00 a.m. The Ladies are up first on Monday and Tuesday. Then the men on Wednesday and Thursday and wrapping up with Co-ed on Friday and Saturday. Come on out to the courts and cheer for your favorite teams. We welcome all of our visitors from all around Tucson. Hope to see you there.
6. FINANCIAL SEMINAR: Do Sunflower's Financials make sense? Wednesday, Jan 30th at 10:00 a.m.
7. FINANCE COMMITTEE: Has changed its meeting day and time for 2019 to the 4th Monday of the month at 10:30 a.m. in the Conference Room
8. FITNESS CLASSES: All fitness classes have been cancelled for Tuesday, January 22, 2019. Sorry for any inconvenience.
9. GREAT MINNESOTA GET-TOGETHER: Sunday, Jan 27th at 1:00 p.m. in the FiestaRoom. Please bring a salad, appetizer or dessert to share. Water and coffee provided. Come ready to share one of your fondest memories of life in Minnesota.
10. HOLIDAY LIGHTS: Friendly reminder. Per the Design Guidelines all holiday decorations and lights must be removed within two weeks after the end of the holiday.
11.KIDS UNLIMITED: Music and Dance, Sunday, January 20th, 2:00 p.m. All donations go towards the education fund and would be greatly appreciated.
12. LOST AND FOUND: Is overflowing. Please stop by the Village Center and see if any of the items belong to you. We will hold them until Thursday, January 24th. All unclaimed items will be donated or tossed.
13. ROMEO2 BREAKFAST: In the 'Upcoming Events' section of the January Sun Catcher, the ROMEO2 item lists Grumpy's and Coco's. We went to Coco's in December. This month will be Grumpy's on Tuesday, January 22nd. Men of Sunflower: You are invited to join us for breakfast Grumpy's, sign up at the front desk staff by noon Monday, January 21st. Good food, good camaraderie, separate checks and best of all, no dues to be a ROMEO.
14. SINGLES & FRIENDS: We will begin selling tickets for February 16th’s event on Saturday night.Please bring $12 to purchase your tickets for “Let’s go to the Hop” which will take you back to the 50’s. We’ll be having a fried chicken dinner and plenty of toe-tapping music from yesterday. Annual membership dues of $5 are required.
15. SUNFLOWER CARE FAIR: Saturday, February 16, 2019 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Plan to come to the second annual Care Fair at the Village Center and learn about all the service that are here to help you. The Station will be serving lunch for you to purchase.
16. TRAVEL CLUB: Our Sales Desk will be on Wednesday, Jan 23rd from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. We will be selling tickets for the March 24th TSO Show @ $72 pp and the April 4th Pub Crawl @ $75 pp. Bacchus Wine Club members can sign up for the Pub Crawl without having to join the Travel Club.
17. VALENTINE'S DANCE: Saturday, Feb. 9th, 6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m., DJ Dave $7.50. Ticket Sales:Thurs, Jan 24th, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and Fri, Feb. 1st, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m
18. VALENTINE’S DAY POTLUCK: Is February 14, 2019 Come and enjoy a fun evening of Friendship & Memories; 5:30 p.m. Social Hour, 6:00 p.m. Dinner Tickets will be on sale Thursday, Jan. 31st, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. ; Monday, Feb. 4th 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Hostess is Sharyn Fincher; 520/665-8830
19. WILDLIFE: Please do not feed the wildlife, this includes Javelinas.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association