* * * DO NOT REPLY TO
THIS EMAIL * * *
Trouble viewing this email? Read the newsletter on the web (available within 24 hours).
The Sunflower Communicator
||January 10, 2019||
||Volume 9, Number 02|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Community Coordinator: ext. 11
Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, Wed & Fri:
7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu & Sat:
7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours of Operation:
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 812
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community on a timely basis.
The Latest News
1. ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE: Is recruiting new members. Do you have ideas and would like to include them in our offerings, get involved. Our next meeting is Wednesday, March 16th, 10:30 a.m. Please join us and see if this is a place for you.
2. BOARD NOTICE:
The following took place at the Board meeting on Jan. 9, 2019:
A. Policies posted for 30 days at the Center for Resident review/input. These are located on a credenza there.
1. #3.06 - Bulletin Board Policy
2. #6.03 - Community Center Operating Hours
3. #9.01 - Lot(Home) Rental Policy
B. The Board voted to continue to use the Guest Punch cards. Proximity cards will not be issued for Guests. The cost will stay at $1 per punch and each new card will continue to have 24 punches ($24 per card). Residents with Proximity Cards will continue to sign in their guests at the Center and the 5-guest limit is still in effect. The Rules and Regulations document will be updated reflecting this information.
3. BOCCE: It’s only a week away! The Tucson Senior Olympic Bocce Tournament held here and sponsored by the Sunflower Community. We expect around 150 players and their guests to visit during this week. Play begins Monday, January 21st and 22nd with Women’s play. The 23rd and 24th the Men take the courts. Co-ed will be played on the 25th and 26th. Come on out and cheer on the home teams.
4. FINANCIAL SEMINAR: Do Sunflower's Financials make sense? Wednesday, Jan 30th at 10:00 a.m.
5. KE&G: Is in the community with marked trucks replacing water meters.
6. KIDS UNLIMITED: Music and Dance, Sunday, January 20th, 2:00 p.m. All donations go towards the education fund and would be greatly appreciated.
7. MINNESOTA GET-TOGETHER: Sunday, Jan 27th in the Fiesta Room at 1:00 p.m.
8. NEW HOMEOWNERS: That moved into Sunflower in 2018: The paper invitations have not been sent out yet, so please mark your calendars for the New Resident Welcome Party, Saturday, February 2nd, 2:00 p.m. -4:00 p.m., in the Fiesta Room. You may RSVP now, to either Lynn Haye at 520-572-6741 or Liz Perry at email@example.com.
9. OLDIES KARAOKE: Join the fun on Tuesday, Jan 15th at 6:30 p.m.
10. SINGLES & FRIENDS: DID YOU GET YOUR TICKETS? What tickets? For the dinner and square dance on January 19th in the Fiesta Room at 5:30 p.m. REMEMBER it's open to all Members and their guests. Membership is $5. Tickets are on sale January 11th from 10:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m. for $10.00. You may also call Julie Hains at 520-241-0086 or Vicki Keener at 520-268-9991 for tickets until the 15th of January.
11. SUNDAY TECH HELP SESSIONS: We will resume this Sunday, January 13th from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the Craft Room. Bring your phones, tablets or laptops for assistance from the National Honor Society students from Marana High School.
12. TAX TIME: Uh oh! It’s time to start getting ready to file 2018 taxes. Can tax preparation software really allow you to do your own returns? Find out Wednesday at 10:00 am.
13. TECH CLUB: Please not that the meeting time for Jan 16th meeting is at 10:00 a.m. NOT 1:00 p.m.
14. TRAVEL CLUB: Sunflower Travel Club is accepting nominations for the following Travel Club Board positions: President, Vice President, 2nd Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, and Membership. Each position is for a two year term starting in September 2019. Election of officers will be held at the club’s spring membership meeting March 26, 2019. To enter a nomination, contact Roger Rainbolt firstname.lastname@example.org or Joey Hogan email@example.com.
15. VALENTINE'S DANCE: Saturday, Feb. 9th, 6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m., DJ Dave $7.50. Ticket Sales: Thurs, Jan 24th, 10:00 a.m. - 12 p.m. and Fri, Feb. 1st, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
16. WIDOWS, WIDOWERS, RELATIVES OF DECEASED VETERANS, and/or SURVIVING VETERANS: There will be a benefits eligibility meeting presented by numerous VA professionals in the Fiesta Room on January 22nd at 10:00. Q&A. All in the community are invited.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2019 Sunflower Community Association