The Sunflower Communicator
||December 6, 2018||
||Volume 8, Number 53|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Community Coordinator: ext. 11
Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, Wed & Fri:
7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu & Sat:
7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours of Operation:
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 817
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community on a timely basis.
The Latest News
1. BOARD MESSAGE CORRECTION: There was an incorrect statement in the December Sun Catcher and it should have stated: The board is moving forward this year with a CIF project if approved by the residents. One of the first maintenance projects this year will be to replace the underlayment on the community roof and this will be a Reserve expenditure.
2. BOARD AGENDA: Is available for viewing on the Saturday before the board meeting. A copy is kept at the front desk and also posted on Sunflowerliving.com.
3. HOPE FOR THE HOLIDAYS: Santa's elf made the first delivery of donations to Casa de los Ninos on Wednesday afternoon. About 54 cubic feet of toys, books, clothing and other new items were happily received by Casa staff. The deadline for donations is swiftly approaching on Tuesday, December 11th. Please open your hearts and wallets and fill the "sleigh" once again by 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday to make this holiday brighter for families in need.
4. CHORALE CHRISTMAS CONCERT: Thursday, December 6 (GREEN tickets) at 4:30 p.m., Friday, December 7 (RED tickets) at 4:30 p.m. , and Sunday, December 9 (ORANGE tickets) at 2:00 p.m. The doors will open 30 minutes before each performance, and there will be no admission through the library. Thank you for your cooperation and your donations! Enjoy the concert.
5. HELP SESSION: This Sunday at 2:00 p.m. in the craft room. Get help with your phone, tablet or laptop. This is the last one for the year.
6. HOMELESS ANIMALS: A donation box has been set up in the Village Center Lobby for homeless animals. Please drop off donated dog and cat food and towels and blankets (they don’t have to be new). If you need your item(s) picked up drop you name and number in the donation box to schedule a pickup.
7. NEW YEAR'S EVE TICKET SALES: Thursday Dec 6th from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and Friday, Dec. 7th from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Hope to see you join the celebration on Monday, December 31st, 2018. Happy New Year!
8. SENIOR LAW SEMINAR: Initially scheduled for December, 13th at 1:00 p.m. has been rescheduled for Tuesday, February 12th at 1:00 p.m.
9. SINGLES & FRIENDS: Our last sales desk for the December 15th “Jingle Mingle” will be on Friday, December 7th from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Price is $10. Check the Sun Catcher for more details.
10. SUNFLOWER FITNESS: If you ordered a shirt or sweatshirt, please stop by the lobby, Saturday morning from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. We will be handing them out. We have a zip-up sweatshirt, light grey, size small($30.00), 2 V-neck short sleeve shirts, Lime, size Large and X-large ($15.00) available. See us at the table.
11. TOWN OF MARANA: Is applying crack seal application in the Sunflower Neighborhood throughout the Month of December. Work hours thereafter will be Mon - Fri 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. This is a mobile operation that will have light impacts to residential traffic.
12. TRAVEL CLUB: Pub Crawl 4/4/19, Leave 11:00 a.m. Return 5:00 p.m. With stops at Barrio Brewing (Lunch), Borderlands Brewing, Dragoon Brewing, 1055 Brewery. Two tastings each stop. Price $75.00 (bus, gratuities, 2 beer samples each stop, lunch, w/opportunity to buy a sausage sandwich on your own at the last stop) Ticket Sales: Wednesday Dec. 19th, 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2018 Sunflower Community Association