The Sunflower Communicator
||November 30, 2018||
||Volume 8, Number 51|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Community Coordinator: ext. 11
Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, Wed & Fri:
7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu & Sat:
7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours of Operation:
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 816
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community on a timely basis.
The Latest News
1. BOARD MESSAGE CORRECTION: There was an incorrect statement in the December Sun Catcher and it should have stated: The board is moving forward this year with a CIF project if approved by the residents. One of the first maintenance projects this year will be to replace the underlayment on the community roof and this will be a Reserve expenditure.
2. ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE: Jerry & Judy Back To The Fifties Holiday Concert December 15th, 3:00 pm. $10 and ticket sales are Friday, November 30th 12:00 - 2:00 and Wednesday, December 5th 10:00 - 12:00. Professional show with entertainers direct from Branson, MO.
3. BOCCE CLUB: 2019 Senior Olympic Festival books are out. Time to think about registering your tournament teams. Also, still collecting dues for the new year. See me at the courts.
4. CASA DE LOS NINOS: The Activities Committee is sponsoring hope for the holidays. They will be collecting donations of new items until December 11th. Suggested items are toys for all ages, board games, books for children and teens, undergarments, household items, hygiene items, shoes of all sizes, diapers, wipes and gift cards.
5. CHORALE CHRISTMAS CONCERT: Is SOLD OUT! Tickets are color-coded and required for admission: Green for December 6 at 4:30, Red for December 7 at 4:30 and Orange for December 9 at 2:00. Have a ticket you can’t use? Pass it on to a neighbor who can, or return it to the “sales desk” November 30 between 9:30 and 11:30 am. We have a list of people who want tickets. Your cooperation is appreciated!
6. DICK SMITH'S CLASS OF 59' BAND: Come join the dancing on Saturday, December 1st in the Fiesta Room 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 pm. There is a suggested donation that will be collected at the door of $5.00 per person for our band. Bring your own snacks & BYOB. See you there.
7. HOLIDAY POTLUCK: December 13th Holiday Potluck will be hosted by Dick Teugh, Judie Bialik, and Evie Burton. Ticket Sales, Saturday, December 1st from 1:00 p.m. -3:00 p.m. Please call Dick @ 520/579-5826 for additional information.
8. HOMELESS ANIMALS: A donation box has been set up in the Village Center Lobby for homeless animals. Please drop off donated dog and cat food and towels and blankets (they don’t have to be new). If you need your item(s) picked up drop you name and number in the donation box to schedule a pickup.
9. SINGLES & FRIENDS: Our last sales desk for the December 15th “Jingle Mingle” will be on Friday, December 7th from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Price is $10. Check the Sun Catcher for more details.
10. TRAVEL CLUB REMINDER: Our sales desk will be on Wednesday, December 5th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Selling tickets for March 24th Tucson Symphony Orchestra @ $72pp and April 4th Pub Crawl @ $75 pp. Waiting list for “An American in Paris” and the Sedona/Cottonwood trip. For additional information see Travel Bulletin Board. For those going to the Rhythm Cats show on Dec 2nd please be at the clubhouse by 9:30 a.m.
11. TREE DECORATING: Volunteers needed to help decorate the tree on December 7th. Please call, Sam at 579-6770 to sign up.
12. TUCSON AUDUBON SOCIETY: Presents Habitat at Home. Tuesday, Dec. 4th, at 2:00 p.m.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2018 Sunflower Community Association