The Sunflower Communicator
||November 21, 2018||
||Volume 8, Number 51|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Community Coordinator: ext. 11
Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, Wed & Fri:
7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu & Sat:
7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours of Operation:
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 817
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community on a timely basis.
The Latest News
1.SAM’S RETIERMENT: Please join us on Tuesday, November 27th at 12:00 p.m. in the Fiesta Room to celebrate Sam’s retirement.
2. VILLAGE CENTER HOLIDAY HOURS:
Thursday, November 22nd CLOSED FOR THANKSGIVING
3. BOCCE CLUB: 2019 Senior Olympic Festival books are out. Time to think about registering your tournament teams. Also, still collecting dues for the new year. See me at the courts.
4. CASA DE LOS NINOS: The Activities Committee is sponsoring hope for the holidays. They will be collecting donations of new items until December 11th. Suggested items are toys for all ages, board games, books for children and teens, undergarments, household items, hygiene items, shoes of all sizes, diapers, wipes and gift cards.
5. DICK SMITH'S CLASS OF 59' BAND: Come join the dancing on Saturday, December 1st in the Fiesta Room 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 pm. There is a suggested donation that will be collected at the door of $5.00 per person for our band. Bring your own snacks & BYOB. See you there.
6. HOLIDAY POTLUCK: December 13th Holiday Potluck will be hosted by Dick Teugh, Judie Bialik, and Evie Burton. Tickets go on sale Thursday, November 29th from 10:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m. and Saturday, December 1st from 1:00 p.m. -3:00 p.m. Please call Dick @ 520/579-5826 for additional information.
7. HOMELESS ANIMALS: A donation box has been set up in the Village Center Lobby for homeless animals. Please drop off donated dog and cat food and towels and blankets (they don’t have to be new). If you need your item(s) picked up drop you name and number in the donation box to schedule a pickup.
8. SINGLES & FRIENDS: We will be selling tickets for our December 15th “Jingle Mingle” on Monday, November 26th, from 10:00 a.m. to Noon. A ham dinner will be served. Price is $10. Membership required but, if joining, your $5 Membership dues will take you through December 2019. In addition to the dinner we will have games, contests and prizes. Come join the fun!!!
9. STRENGTH/BALANCE: No Classes on Thursday Nov 22nd. (Thanksgiving).
10. SUNFLOWER CHORALE: Concert dates are December 6th, 7th and 9th. Admission to all performances will be limited to ticket holders.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2018 Sunflower Community Association