The Sunflower Communicator
||November 15, 2018||
||Volume 8, Number 50|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Community Coordinator: ext. 11
Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, Wed & Fri:
7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu & Sat:
7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours of Operation:
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 818
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community on a timely basis.
The Latest News
1. 2018-2019 BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTION RESULTS: Thank you to all the candidates for participating in this year's election. Sunflower's 2018-2019 Board of Directors are: President,, Gary Park, Vice-President, Phyllis Bowcott, Treasurer, Bonnie Scott, Secretary, Peggy Lowman, Director, Terry Boren, Director, April Naversen and Director Fred Zimmerman.
2. VILLAGE CENTER HOLIDAY HOURS:
Wednesday, November 21st 7:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Thursday, November 22nd CLOSED FOR THANKSGIVING
3. BOCCE CLUB: 2019 Senior Olympic Festival books are out. Time to think about registering your tournament teams. Also, still collecting dues for the new year. See me at the courts.
4. CASINO TRIP: Monday, November 19 to Casino Del Sol. They do not fund the bus, as you may remember, the cost of the trip is $10. They're offering $10 in free slot play and $16 in a food voucher in comps. The voucher can be used in any of the food locations. We will depart from Sunflower at 9:30 a.m. and leave the casino at 2:30 p.m.
5. EL TOUR DE TUCSON: Saturday, November 17. Cyclists will be riding down Twin Peaks turning onto Silverbell and will be coming by Sunflower starting around 10:00 a.m. If you have never seen a bike race or just looking for something to do on Saturday, come out and cheer on the cyclists. Doesn’t cost you anything! You may even be able to spot your neighbors who are riding this year.
6. HOLIDAY POTLUCK: December 13th Holiday Potluck will be hosted by Dick Teugh, Judie Bialik, and Evie Burton. Tickets go on sale Thursday, November 29th from 10:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m. and Saturday, December 1st from 1:00 p.m. -3:00 p.m. Please call Dick @ 520/579-5826 for additional information.
7. SINGLES & FRIENDS: For those going to this Saturday’s “Turkey Dinner Night”…. we will be selling tickets for next month’s “Jingle Mingle” so bring $10 to purchase your ticket. We will not have the “Cookie Exchange” in December due to a lack of enthusiasm to bake!!!
8. STRENGTH/BALANCE: No Classes on Tuesday Nov 20th and Thursday Nov 22nd (Thanksgiving).
9. SUNFLOWER CHORALE: Tickets at NO CHARGE are going fast for this year’s Chorale Christmas concert! The “sales table” will be open for business this Friday, November 9th , from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and again on November 30th from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Concert dates are December 6th, 7th and 9th. Get your tickets now.
10. TECH CLUB: Sunday Help Session - New Date! David Koplik, a student from Marana High School who helped last year with tech issues, will be here Sunday, November 18th from 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Technology to Shop Smart - ‘Tis the season... for shopping! Hear the latest and best ways to use technology to save time and money. At the Tech Club meeting Wednesday, November 21st at 10:00 a.m.
11. TRAVEL CLUB REMINDER: Sales Desk will be this SATURDAY, November 17th, from 8:00 a.m to 10:00 a.m. Last call for the Dec 2nd Rhythm Cats Christmas Show. Sales starting for March 24th Tucson Symphony Orchestra @ $72 pp and April 4th Pub Crawl @ $75 pp. Waiting list for American in Paris and Sedona/Cottonwood trip.
12. VINTAGE GARDENERS: Registered members for the Bulb Planting after Nov 19th 10:30am Club Meeting: Pot should be 7” – 8” in diameter or 6 “ square. Should be at least 5” deep. May be planted with stones , marbles , seashells etc ( water method) or soil. Cactus soil provided by club. Bring your own stones/marbles/shells if container is deeper than 5 “ OR you plan on using the water method.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2018 Sunflower Community Association