The Sunflower Communicator
||November 8, 2018||
||Volume 8, Number 49|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Community Coordinator: ext. 11
Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, Wed & Fri:
7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu & Sat:
7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours of Operation:
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 818
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community on a timely basis.
The Latest News
1. ANNUAL MEETING: Wednesday, November 14th at 6:00 p.m. in the Fiesta Room.
2. ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE: Is sponsoring the informative Alzheimer's Seminar Tuesday, November 13th at 2:00 p.m. We've all been touched by this affliction but how much do we know about it and what are the signs. Please join us.
3. BOCCE CLUB: Looking for new members. We’d love to see you at the courts on Tuesday and Thursday at 1:00 p.m No experience needed, we’ll teach you the game :)
4. BOD ELECTION: Remember to vote for the Board of Directors by bringing your ballot to the Village Center ballot box or voting electonically. Both are due no later than Monday Nov. 12th by 5:00pm. One last chance to vote will be at the Annual Meeting on Wednesday Nov. 14th before 6:00pm in the Library. If you do not have your paper ballot, an In-Person Ballot will be issued to you.
5. CASINO TRIP: Monday, November 19 to Casino Del Sol. They do not fund the bus, as you may remember, the cost of the trip is $10. They're offering $10 in free slot play and $16 in a food voucher in comps. The voucher can be used in any of the food locations. We will depart from Sunflower at 9:30 a.m. and leave the casino at 2:30 p.m.
6. LINE DANCING: Friday, November 9th, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m..
Phyllis will be teaching.
7. PING PONG: Time and Date change. Will play November 14th 9:00 a.m. till 12:00 p.m.
8. SATURDAY DANCE: Live Band and dancing on Saturday, November 10th, 2018 in Fiesta Room from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Donations appreciated. Hosted by the Dance Group. See you There!
9. SINGLES & FRIENDS: For those going to our “Turkey Dinner Night”….we will be selling tickets for next month’s “Jingle Mingle” so bring $10 to purchase your ticket. We will not have the “Cookie Exchange” in December due to a lack of enthusiasm to bake!!!
10. STRENGTH/BALANCE: No Classes on Thursday Nov 15th, Tuesday Nov 20th and Thursday Nov 22nd (Thanksgiving).
11. SUNFLOWER CHORALE: Tickets at NO CHARGE are going fast for this year’s Chorale Christmas concert! The “sales table” will be open for business this Friday, November 9th , from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and again on November 30th from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Concert dates are December 6th, 7th and 9th. Get your tickets now.
12. TECH CLUB: Sunday Help Sessions November 11th and 25th,
Craft room 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Open to all residents of Sunflower. Questions? Problems? Let us help
13. TRAVEL CLUB REMINDER: Sales Desk will be on SATURDAY, November 17th, from 8:00 a.m to 10:00 a.m. Sales starting for March 24th Tucson Symphony Orchestra @ $72 pp and April 4th Pub Crawl @ $75 pp. Tickets available for Rhythm Cats – Waiting list for American in Paris and Sedona/Cottonwood trip.
14. VIOLET'S CLASSES: Begin Tuesday, Nov. 6. Classes are:
Fun and Fit: 8:15 a.m. -9:15 a.m. , Chair Yoga: 9:20 a.m. - 10:20 a.m. and Stretch and Tone: 10:30 a.m. -11:30 a.m. Strength Class will not be meeting on Thursday, November 15th and Tuesday, November 20th.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2018 Sunflower Community Association