The Sunflower Communicator
||November 1, 2018||
||Volume 8, Number 47|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Community Coordinator: ext. 11
Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, Wed & Fri:
7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu & Sat:
7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours of Operation:
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 817
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community on a timely basis.
The Latest News
1. 2018 FINE ARTS & CRAFTS FESTIVAL: November 2nd & 3rd, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Bake sale in the craft room.
2. ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE: Pain Management Seminar, Wednesday, November 7th, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. Four speakers with four different approaches to helping with pain management. Sign up Fri & Sat during Craft Fair or at front desk. Alzheimer Presentation, Tuesday, November 13, 2:00 p.m. How much do you know about this subject
3. BOCCE: The club is now collecting dues for the new year. You can pay at the courts on Tues and Thurs. Dues are $5 for each person. Time to start thinking about your Senior Olympic Bocce teams. Registration is coming soon.
4. BOD ELECTION: Please remember to vote!
5. CASINO TRIP: Monday, November 19 to Casino Del Sol. They do not fund the bus, as you may remember, the cost of the trip is $10. They're offering $10 in free slot play and $16 in a food voucher in comps. The voucher can be used in any of the food locations. We will depart from Sunflower at 9:30 a.m. and leave the casino at 2:30 p.m.
6. FITNESS CLUB: Is selling Sweatshirt, T-shirts (long and short sleeve), UV Sun Protection shirts. We have new styles and new colors. Order forms will be available at the front desk, Bake Sale and at classes. The shirts have Sunflower Fitness on them so you don't need to be a member of the club to purchase just active members of our community. Prices range from $15. The last day to order is Nov. 9.
7. NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH / BLOCK CAPTAIN MEETING: November 5th at 10:30 a.m. in the fiesta room. Open meeting for community and all block watch folks.
9. PING PONG: Time and Date change. Will play November 7th 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. and November 14th 9:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m.
9. SATURDAY DANCE: Live Band and dancing on Saturday, November 10th, 2018 in Fiesta Room from 6:30 to 8:30 pm. Donations appreciated. Hosted by the Dance Group. See you There!
10. SINGLES & FRIENDS: Sales Desk is Wednesday, Nov 7th, from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. Tickets for the Nov 17th “Turkey Dinner Night” are $3 plus a dish to share – side dish, pie or cupcakes. Membership Required. Call Lee Head @ 256-0730 with questions.
11. SUNFLOWER CHORALE: Christmas Concert FREE tickets will be available for Sunflower residents Monday, Nov. 5 from 1:00 to 3:00 and Wednesday, Nov. 7 from 10:00 to 12:00. Color-coded tickets are required for admission to each performance. Get yours now!
12. SUNFLOWER VETERANS CLUB: If you didn't get a ticket for the November 8th Chow Line Potluck please call Carol Taylor 989-0961.
13. TECH CLUB: The Sunday Help Sessions provided by the Tech Club and Marana High School National Honor Society students begins Sunday, October 28 from 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. in the Craft Room. Help is provided for any residents of the community. Specifically we help with phones and tablets. Upcoming dates for the fall: November 11 and November 25.
14. TRAVEL CLUB REMINDER: Our Sales Desk will be on Wednesday, November 7th, from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. Old Tucson November 9th Trip: Bus leaves at 9:30 and will be back by 5:00.
15. VINTAGE GARDENERS: $5 pre-registration is required for the Paper White bulb planting at November’s meeting. Sign up Nov 5th 10- Noon at the center or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline Nov. 6th.
16. VIOLET'S CLASSES: Begin Tuesday, Nov. 6. Classes are:
Fun and Fit: 8:15 a.m. -9:15 a.m. , Chair Yoga: 9:20 a.m. - 10:20 a.m. and Stretch and Tone: 10:30 a.m. -11:30 a.m. Strength Class will not be meeting on Thursday, November 15th and Tuesday, November 20th.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2018 Sunflower Community Association