The Sunflower Communicator
||October 25, 2018||
||Volume 8, Number 46|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Community Coordinator: ext. 11
Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, Wed & Fri:
7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu & Sat:
7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours of Operation:
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 817
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community on a timely basis.
The Latest News
1. 2018 FINE ARTS & CRAFTS FESTIVAL: Volunteers needed for the Arts & Crafts Festival, November 2nd & 3rd, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., to help out crafters for breaks. Please call Linda Jordan at 572-1705 and let me know what day and times you would like to volunteer, so that I can make up a name badge for you. Thank you very much!
2. CRIBBAGE: Play has begun 6:00 p.m. every Tuesday. Please join us!
3. BOD ELECTION: Remember to vote!
4. FITNESS CLUB: Will be having their annual Bake Sale during the Craft Fair, November 2nd and 3rd , in the craft room. Members please drop off your baked items on Thursday, November 1st in the afternoon. Drop off 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Help wrap and set up 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
5. PING PONG: Time and Date change. Will play November 7th 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. and November 14th 9:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m.
6. SATURDAY DANCE: Live Band and dancing on Saturday, November 10th, 2018 in Fiesta Room from 6:30 to 8:30 pm. Donations appreciated. Hosted by the Dance Group. See you There!
7. SINGLES & FRIENDS: Sales Desk is Thursday, Nov 1st from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 Noon. Tickets for the Nov 17th “Turkey Dinner Night” are $3 plus a dish to share – side dish, pie or cupcakes. Membership Required.
8. SUNFLOWER CHORALE CHRISTMAS CONCERT: Get FREE tickets!
November 5: 1:00 to 3:00, November 7: 10:00 to 12:00, November 9: 9:30 to 11:30, November 30: 9:30 to 11:30, December 3: 1:00 to 3:00. Admission will be limited to ticket-holders for that specific performance. Concerts dates are in the Fiesta Room on Thursday December 6 and Friday December 7 at 4:30, and Sunday December 9 at 2:00. Donations are greatly appreciated!
9. SUNFLOWER VETERANS CLUB: Tickets for November 8th Chow Line Potluck will be sold on Oct 26, 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.; October 30th, 1:00 p.m. -3:00 p.m.; and Nov 1st, 9:00 a.m. -11:00 a.m. at the Sunflower Village Center.
10. TECH CLUB: The Sunday Help Sessions provided by the Tech Club and Marana High School National Honor Society students begins Sunday, October 28 from 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. in the Craft Room. Help is provided for any residents of the community. Specifically we help with phones and tablets. Upcoming dates for the fall: November 11 and November 25.
11. TRAVEL CLUB MEMBERS MEETING: Invitation to SF residents to attend the open members meeting on Tues 10/30 6:00 p.m. 2018-2019 Trips will be announced. Membership ($5) and trips can be purchased after the meeting. Sales desk will be open. Pre-registration preferred - email SFTC2014@outlook.com
12. VINTAGE GARDENERS: $5 pre-registration is required for the Paper White bulb planting at November’s meeting. Sign up Nov 5th 10- Noon at the center or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline Nov. 6th.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2018 Sunflower Community Association