The Sunflower Communicator
||October 12, 2018||
||Volume 8, Number 44|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Admin Assistant: ext. 11
Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, Wed & Fri:
7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu & Sat:
7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours of Operation:
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 817
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community on a timely basis.
The Latest News
1. BOCCE CLUB: On Tuesday, October 9th, 2018 the Bocce Club will change it's start time to 1:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Hope to see you all on the courts
2. FITNESS CLUB: Will be having their annual Bake Sale during the Craft Fair, November 2nd and 3rd , in the craft room. Members please drop off your baked items on Thursday, November 1st in the afternoon.
3. FROM THE ELECTIONS COMMITTEE: There are two Meet the Candidates sessions coming up next week on Thursday October 18th at 6:30 p.m. and Saturday October 20th at 9:15 a.m. Both sessions will be in the Fiesta Room and light refreshments will be provided. The format will be: each candidate will give an opening statement. Then each candidate will draw a question from the question box and will have 3 minutes to answer it. The other candidates will have 3 minutes to respond to that question. All five candidates will have the opportunity to draw one or two questions from the question box depending on the number of questions submitted. There will not be an opportunity to present questions from the floor. If Sunflower residents have questions they would like the candidates to answer, those questions must be submitted in writing to the question box located on the credenza next to the information desk in the Village Center no later than Sunday October 14th at 5:00 p.m.
Plan on attending one of the Meet the Candidates sessions and hear the candidates answer your questions. Three of the five candidates will be elected to the Sunflower Board of Directors and will be governing your Sunflower Community Association. The Annual Meeting and election of the Board of Directors will be Wednesday Nov. 14, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. in the Village Center Fiesta Room.
Plan to attend one of the Meet the Candidates sessions and get to know your candidates.
4. LADIES ROUND ROBIN BRIDGE: Time to sign up far another season of Round Robin Bridge. We start off playing the first round at the center. Then it is up to each team to make a date to play the other teams.
We begin early October and finish the end of March. Contact Mary Laurie Siebert at email@example.com or 744-3176 to join the fun. The cost is $20 per person. Don’t have a partner, we’ll do our best to find one for you.
5. PROXIMITY CARDS: The new proximity card system will be up and running soon. A proximity card will be needed to use The Village Center amenities. If you do not have a proximity card please come to the Village Center so that one can be issued for you. After 12:00 p.m. is optimal but after 5:00 p.m. is best. Thank you for your cooperation.
6. SUNFLOWER ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE: Tax Seminar 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m., Fiesta Room, see October Sun Catcher for details.
7. SUNFLOWER CHORALE: Has added a Sunday matinee performance of the Christmas Concert in December to better accommodate our community. In the interest of safety, and to provide the most satisfying experience for all residents, tickets will be required for all performances. Seating will be limited to the Fiesta Room’s reasonable capacity. Tickets will be free, as usual, though donations are much appreciated. “Ticket Sales” dates and times will be announced, and admission will be limited to ticket-holders. Performances will be Thursday December 6 and Friday December 7th at 4:30 and Sunday December 9th at 2:00. Please mark your calendars and watch The Communicator and The Sun Catcher for additional information
8. TECH CLUB: Wednesday Oct. 17th.The Tech Club is back! Come learn about email safety, what’s been happening in the computer lab, and lots more. Wednesday, 10:00 a.m., in the Fiesta Room.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2018 Sunflower Community Association