The Sunflower Communicator
||October 10, 2018||
||Volume 8, Number 43|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Admin Assistant: ext. 11
Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, Wed & Fri:
7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Thu & Sat:
7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours of Operation:
Daily 5:00 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 816
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community on a timely basis.
The Latest News
1. BINGO: Join us for a fun evening of Bingo on Tuesday, October 9th at 6:30 p.m.
2. BOCCE CLUB: On Tuesday, October 9th, 2018 the Bocce Club will change it's start time to 1:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Hope to see you all on the courts
3. FROM THE ELECTIONS COMMITTEE: All Sunflower homeowners will be mailed a Board of Director’s election ballot packet on Friday Sept. 28, 2018. The packet will include instructions for voting by mailing, returning the paper ballot to the Village Center, voting electronically through a link that will come to your e-mail address, or voting in-person at the annual meeting on Wednesday Nov. 13, 2018. If you do not receive a ballot packet in the U.S. Mail with-in 7 to 10 days, check with the front desk at the Village Center that your mailing address is correct with the Sunflower Community Association. The e-mail with the link to the electronic ballot will be e-mailed to all residents with a correct e-mail address with the Sunflower Community Association on Sunday October 21, 2018. Please check that your e-mail address is current and correct.
4. LADIES ROUND ROBIN BRIDGE: Time to sign up far another season of Round Robin Bridge. We start off playing the first round at the center. Then it is up to each team to make a date to play the other teams.
We begin early October and finish the end of March. Contact Mary Laurie Siebert at firstname.lastname@example.org or 744-3176 to join the fun. The cost is $20 per person. Don’t have a partner, we’ll do our best to find one for you.
5. PROXIMITY CARDS: The new proximity card system will be up and running soon. A proximity card will be needed to use The Village Center amenities. If you do not have a proximity card please come to the Village Center so that one can be issued for you. After 12:00 p.m. is optimal but after 5:00 p.m. is best. Thank you for your cooperation.
6. SUNFLOWER ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE REMINDER: Masquerade Party on Saturday, October 27th from 6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Cornerstone Band featured. Costumes encouraged. Tickets $10. Ticket Sales: Friday Oct 5th from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. and Thursday Oct. 11th from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
7. VINTAGE GARDENERS CLUB SPECIAL MEETING: October 8th from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. An important vote will be taken for our Community Enhancement Project and a limited number of tickets for our Dec. 10th Holiday Brunch at The Highland Grill will be available for sale.
8. WELCOME: Please welcome, Sunflower's new Community Manager, Cathy Meek.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2018 Sunflower Community Association