The Sunflower Communicator
||August 23, 2018||
||Volume 8, Number 37|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Admin Assistant: ext. 11
Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, Wed & Fri:
7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Tue, Thu & Sat:
7:00 am - 9:00 pm
11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours of Operation:
Daily 5:00 am - 11 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 812
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community on a timely basis.
The Latest News
1. VILLAGE CENTER CLOSED: The Village Center will be CLOSED (all facilities, including racquet ball courts and parking lot) Thursday, August 30th from 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. to allow for the installation of the final A/C unit
2. BACKFLOW TESTING: Will be done throughout the community on Monday, August 27th. The testing will start at the Village Center at about 7:30 a.m. There will be about a 15 minute interruption of water service while each specific backflow device is tested. There are 13 devices throughout the community. Testing should be complete by 2:00 p.m.
3. CIF ADHOC: The final Adhoc/CIF meeting will be held in the Conference room on Thursday, August 30th, at 10:00 am. At this meeting we will single out and vote on which suggestions to take to the Board of Directors. Thanks to all who worked so hard to present their thoughts and ideas. All were appreciated.
4.COFFEE KLATCH: Save the environment and money. Bring your own cup.
5. LABOR DAY VILLAGE CENTER HOURS: Monday, September 3rd the Village Center will be open from 7:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
6. ROMEO-2 BREAKFAST REMINDER: Signup for the breakfast on Tuesday, August 28th at The Crying Onion (a Sunflower favorite) at Thornydale and Orange Grove closes at noon on Monday, August 27th. We will carpool from the Village Center at 8:35 a.m. to keep our 9:00 a.m. reservation. All men of Sunflower are welcome. Separate checks and no dues to be a ROMEO (Retired Old Men Eating Out).
7. SINGLES AND FRIENDS REMINDER:Bring your daubers or a pen to mark your BINGO cards this Saturday night. We will be selling tickets for the September 20th White Stallion Ranch dinner so bring $25, checks accepted, to buy your ticket as they are limited
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2018 Sunflower Community Association