The Sunflower Communicator
||July 26, 2018||
||Volume 8, Number 33|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Admin Assistant: ext. 11
Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, Wed & Fri:
7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Tue, Thu & Sat:
7:00 am - 9:00 pm
11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours of Operation:
Daily 5:00 am - 11 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 810
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community on a timely basis.
The Latest News
1. AD HOC/CIF COMMITTEE: Our Sunflower Board of Directors has authorized an ADHOC Committee to gather advise on a CIF (Community improvement Fund) Project.The new Committee Members are: Charles Ingalls- Chair, Barbara Bernardi-Secretary, Shirley Bailey, Rod Boorse, and Jim Smith. Jerry Nugent –Liasion. This committee is asking for ideas from Sunflower Residents. Please submit your suggestions to the front desk in writing, marked ADHOC-CIF Suggestions. These may also be handed directly to one of the Committee members. We would like to have the project decided on by October, 2018.The next open meeting will be August 16th, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. on the patio.
2. BOARD OF DIRECTORS: YOUR COMMUNITY NEEDS YOU!!! There are three positions opening up in November for the Board of Directors. Per our governing documents, we need at least four candidates. Applications to become a candidate for the Board are available on the sunflowerliving.com website as well as at the Village Center Front Desk.Please fill out your application today and return it by 5:00 p.m. on August 10th.
You may also email it to Ann Marie at email@example.com. Along with your application, please provide a statement about your work experiences, how long you have lived in Sunflower, Committees or Boards you may have been a member of, and any other information you would like to share with the community. Please keep this statement within 250 words. You can either provide a picture of yourself or one can be taken at the Center. Both your statement and picture will be placed in various Sunflower communications to insure the community knows who you are when voting for new Board members beginning in October. There will be two “Meet the Candidates” sessions in October. TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE – Please consider becoming a Board Candidate
3. BOCCE CLUB: The Sunflower Bocce Club is still playing bocce thru the summer as long as we continue to get 6 players each Tuesday and Thursday at 9:00 a.m. So, bring your friends and neighbors and come on out.
4. COFFEE KLATCH: Has been canceled for Saturday, July 28th and will resume on Saturday, August 4th.
5. HVAC INSTALLATION: The entire Village Center (pool, fitness room included) and parking lot will be closed all day on Thursday, July 26th and Friday, July 27th. The nature of the work is such that concerns for safety are particularly significant and that is why the entire facility will be closed. The front desk will not be staffed.
6. LADIES LUNCHEON: Wednesday, August 8th at 11:30 a.m. Wild Garlic Grill, 2870 E. Skyline Drive, Plaza Colonial, #120. You will order from the menu. Sign up at the Front desk by 12:00 pm. Saturday, August 4th.
7. LANDSCAPERS: The Landscapers ask that you avoid the piles of vegetation, branches, grass. etc. that may be stacked up in the parking areas. Most particularly, please do not park on top of these piles. The Landscapers are trying to not have piles in the parking spaces but sometimes in blowing or raking into larger piles, there may be a small pile in the way and if a car pulls in on top of that, it can be difficult to pick up the pile. Also, please use caution and slow down as you go around Landscaping vehicles and/or trailers. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
8. MANAGEMENT COMPANIES INTERVIEW: The Sunflower BOD will be interviewing a potential management company in the Fiesta room on Tuesday, July 31st from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. All residents are welcome to attend.
9. POTLUCK: Potluck ticket sales Aug 2nd, Thursday 10:00 a.m. 12:00 p.m. for the August 9th Potluck.
10. ROMEO 2 Breakfast schedule (always at 9 a.m.):
August 28th Tuesday Crying Onion
Sign up by noon of the day prior to the lunch or breakfast. Check the Suncatcher articles for car pool times. No dues to pay and separate checks. All of the restaurants are pretasted.
11. ROMEO: Lunch schedule (always at 11:45 a.m.):
August 8th Wednesday Broasted Chicken
12. SINGLES AND FRIENDS: On August 25th we will be having a Pizza and BINGO night. Please note that this is NOT on our usual third Saturday of the month. As usual, Social Time is 5:30 p.m. with Pizza served at 6:00 p.m. You’ll have your choice of Veggie or Pepperoni pizza. When you buy your ticket you will be asked to choose which kind you want. There will be cash prizes for BINGO. The price for this event is $10. Our first ticket sales date is Wednesday, August 1st from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. This is for Members Only – dues are $5.
13: TRAVEL CLUB: Would the person that left an envelope at the Center marked for Suzanne please give Fran Gauthier a call at 572-2167. We don’t know who left it.Barbara Geldermand is looking for a roommate for the Cottonwood/Sedona trip in February. If you would consider sharing a room with her please call Barbara at 912-4759. Our next Sales Desk will be on Saturday, August 11th from 8:00 a.m - 10:00 a.m. We will continue selling tickets for Old Tucson Studios, An American in Paris, and the Cottonwood/Sedona trip.We will start selling tickets for another trip that we’re excited about. On Sunday, December 2nd, we’ll be going to the Silver Star Theatre in Mesa for the Rhythm Cats Christmas Show. The show will include holiday favorites (secular & non-secular) mixed in with some non-holiday crowd pleasers.There will be a lunch buffet with four entrée items (chicken, pork, ribs and pot roast), sides, salads and dessert. The price of $65 pp includes the buffet, the two hour musical and comedy show, transportation and gratuities. OUT OF TOWNERS ONLY: Please send check to Fran Gauthier, 8026 W Wandering Spring Way, 85743 – phone: 520-572-2167. Please include your $5 Membership Dues.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2018 Sunflower Community Association