* * * DO NOT REPLY TO
THIS EMAIL * * *
Trouble viewing this email? Read the newsletter on the web (available within 24 hours).
The Sunflower Communicator
||July 12, 2018||
||Volume 8, Number 30|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Admin Assistant: ext. 11
Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, Wed & Fri:
7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Tue, Thu & Sat:
7:00 am - 9:00 pm
11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours of Operation:
Daily 5:00 am - 11 p.m.
Current Number of Subscribers: 807
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community on a timely basis.
The Latest News
1. AD HOC/CIF COMMITTEE: Our Sunflower Board of Directors has authorized an ADHOC Committee to gather advise on a CIF (Community improvement Fund) Project.The new Committee Members are: Charles Ingalls- Chair, Barbara Bernardi-Secretary, Shirley Bailey, Betsy Boorse, and Jim Smith. Jerry Nugent –Liasion. This committee is asking for ideas from Sunflower Residents. Please submit your suggestions at the front desk in writing, marked ADHOC-CIF Suggestions. These may also be handed directly to one of the Committee members. We would like to have the project decided on by October, 2018.The next open meeting will be August 16th, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. on the patio.
2. BOARD OF DIRECTORS:YOUR COMMUNITY NEEDS YOU!!! There are three positions opening up in November for the Board of Directors. Per our governing documents, we need at least four candidates. Applications to become a candidate for the Board are available on the sunflowerliving.com website as well as at the Community Center Desk. Please fill out your application today and return it by 5:00 p.m. on August 10th.
You can also email it to Ann Marie to email@example.com. Along with your application, please provide a statement about your work experiences, how long you have lived in Sunflower, Committees or Boards you may have been a member of, and any other information you would like to share with the community. Please keep this statement within 250 words. You can either provide a picture of yourself or one can be taken at the Center. Both your statement and your picture will be placed in various Sunflower communications to insure the community knows who you are when voting for new Board members beginning in October. There will be two “Meet the Candidates” sessions in October. TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE – Please consider becoming a Board Candidate
3. BOCCE CLUB: The Sunflower Bocce Club is still playing bocce thru the summer as long as we continue to get 6 players each Tuesday and Thursday at 9:00 a.m. So, bring your friends and neighbors and come on out.
4. FINANCE COMMITTEE: The Finance Committee meeting had been moved from the 26th of July to the 19th. They will meet in the Fiesta Room from 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
5. GENEALOGY CLUB: Correction: The topic of the presentation for July’s Genealogy Club is incorrect in the Suncatcher. The topic is "Overlooked Federal Records and Repositories.” (a) Types of federal records you might find outside of the National Archives. (b) How to research the Works Progress Administration. (c) Other searchable repositories and archives. The meeting is Tuesday, July 17 starting at 2:00 p.m. in the Village Center.
6. LANDSCAPERS: The Landscapers ask that you avoid the piles of vegetation, branches, grass. etc. that may be stacked up in the parking areas. Most particularly, please do not park on top of these piles. The Landscapers are trying to be sure not to have piles in the parking spaces, but sometimes in blowing or raking into larger piles, there may be a small pile in the way and if a car pulls in on top of that, it can be difficult to pick up the pile. Also, please use caution and slow down as you go around Landscaping vehicles and/or trailers. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
7. NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH: Many of our residents have gotten a call from some called Mario Fernandez saying that he is with the Marana Police Department and that he is checking on the status of Neighborhood Watch Captains. HE IS FOR REAL! Mario is helping out by contacting the data that we have on individuals to see if they are still in Sunflower and are willing to continue with the Neighborhood Watch Program. He is volunteering to help us out. So you can respond to him.
8. ROMEO 2 Breakfast schedule (always at 9 a.m.):
July 24th Tuesday Grumpy's
August 28th Tuesday Crying Onion
Sign up by noon of the day prior to the lunch or breakfast. Check the Suncatcher articles for car pool times. No dues to pay and separate checks. All of the restaurants are pretasted.
9. ROMEO: Lunch schedule (always at 11:45 a.m.):
August 8th Wednesday Broasted Chicken
10. SING-ALONG KARAOKE - Tuesday, 7/17: Last month we added more 1st time Singers. Leave your house & Turn Up your A/C while you Cool Off @ the Center and join in on the Fun, Fun, Fun with Table Sing-Alongs to your Favorite Tunes. Break the Summer Heat & “Put on a Happy Face” with Smiling Emcee Louie this Tuesday evening @ 6:30pm. Show up. Be Cool.
11. TRAVEL CLUB: Our first sales desk of the season will be this SATURDAY, JULY 14TH from 8:00 to 10:00 a.m. Tickets will be available for Old Tucson Studios – Nov 9th at $55 per person. We will also be selling tickets for our Old Town Cottonwood/Sedona trip on February 12th -15th. The couple price is $1,200 with a $250 Down Payment. Single price is $865. Details on the above trips were in previous Communicators and the Sun Catcher. Also on sale will be “An American in Paris” at the Arizona Broadway Theatre in Peoria on January 26th from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. We’ve gone there several times before and everyone seemed to enjoy it. Price of $105 includes matinee performance, white linen dining (soup or salad, choice of 4 or 5 entrees – gluten free available, bread basket, tea or coffee), bus transportation and gratuities. WINTER RESIDENTS can mail their checks to Fran Gauthier, 8026 W Wandering Spring Way. Don’t forget your $5 Membership renewal. PLEASE NOTE: MAIL IN OPTION FOR OUR TRIPS IS ONLY FOR OUR WINTER RESIDENTS. YEAR ROUND RESIDENTS MUST COME TO OUR SALES DESKS. WE HAVE NOT CHANGED OUR POLICY.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2018 Sunflower Community Association