The Sunflower Communicator
|June 8, 2018||Volume 8, Number 24|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Admen Assistant: ext. 11
Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, Wed & Fri:
7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Tue, Thu & Sat:
7:00 am - 9:00 pm
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours of Operation:
Daily 5:00 am - 11 pm
Current Number of Subscribers: 803
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community on a timely basis.
The Latest News
1. CLUBHOUSE SECURITY SYSTEM: The Sunflower Board of Directors has been in the process of having a new security system installed for our clubhouse. During Board meetings, we told you this should be accomplished by the end of June. I regret to inform you this timeline will not be met, due to vendors who promised to deliver, and did not. We continue to work with different vendors, but we had to start over, to accomplish this task. Thank you for your patience. Gary Park-President
2. FOR YOUR SAFETY: The Village Center East Parking Lot and Pool will be closed from 5:00 AM-12:00 PM on Monday, June 11th, 2018. Please do not enter these areas. A new HVAC system is to be delivered and installed.
3. GRAVEL: Gravel is being put down on Sunflower Dr. between Coachline and Silverbell on Monday, June 11th, 2018. Please use caution.
4. JUNE POTLUCK: Mark your calendar’s for the June 14th, Flag Day Potluck.
5. MEDICATION LOCK BOXES: Protect grandchildren from accidental poisonings, or older teens or adults from stealing medication from your cupboard for misuse. Store medications in a safe place, such as a prescription drug lock box or a locked medicine cabinet. Marana Prevention Alliance is able to provide a limited number of lock boxes to community members FOR FREE. Please contact Elaine Thorn at 520 744 3334.
6. TRAVEL CLUB: Our Sales Desk will be dark until September 19th. We will be selling MEMBERSHIPS ONLY on that day with dues of $5. In October we will begin selling tickets for some of the trips that we are planning. See you in September……..
7. UPCOMING ELECTION: It's coming up to that time of the year when you will be called upon to volunteer to be a part of the Sunflower Board of Directors. We have 3 Directors who have put in their appreciated time to serve and moving on. So if you like to have any involvement with new ideas and your expertise, this is your chance. The Call for 4 Board Candidates will be necessary to fill the spots and notice will be mailed the week of September 10th, so please think about how you can make a difference. Applications will be be available at the reception desk. Electronic voting and paper ballots will be available starting the week of October 8th, 2018. Our sincere Thanks and Appreciation for the past Board Members for their service.
8. MESSAGE FROM THE CIF Ad-hoc Committee: Our Sunflower Board of Directors has authorized an Ad-hoc committee to gather advise on a CIF (Community Improvement Fund) project. The new committee members are: Charles Ingalls - Chair, Barbara Bernardi - secretary, Shirley Bailey, Rod Boorse and Jim Smith. Jerry Nugent is the Board liaison. This committee is asking for ideas form Sunflower Residents. Please submit your suggestions at the reception desk in writing, clearly marked CIF - Ad-hoc suggestion. Your suggestion may also be handed directly to one of the committee members. Or you may submit the ideas to ADHOC.firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to have the project decided on by October, 2018.
9. GENEALOGY CLUB: The Genealogy Club is presenting three special DVD specials this summer, June 19, July 17 and August 21. We will kick off with the special entitled "Overlooked Federal Records and Repositories.”
• Types of federal records you might find outside of the National Archives
• How to research the Works Progress Administration
• Other searchable repositories and archives
The meeting is Tuesday, June 19 starting at 2 p.m.
10. ROMEO: Lunch schedule(always at 11:45 AM)
June 13th, Wednesday, HiFalutin
July 10th, Tuesday, Giuseppi's
August 8th Wednesday Broasted Chicken
11.ROMEO 2 Breakfast schedule (always at 9 AM)
June 26th Tuesday Old Times Cafe
July 24th Tuesday Grumpy's
August 28th Tuesday Crying Onion
Sign up by noon of the day prior to the lunch or breakfast. Check the Suncatcher articles for car pool times. No dues to pay and separate checks. All of the restaurants are pretasted.
12: CARPET CLEANING: The Village Center including the Fitness Room will be closed at 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 21st. for Carpet Cleaning. The Fitness Room will reopen at 9:00 p.m. Please use your proximity card starting at 5:00 p.m. to access the pool.
13. IRRIGATION BOX LIDS: It has come to our attention that the irrigation box lids are being removed. If you witness someone removing a lid please contact the Village Center.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2018 Sunflower Community Association