The Sunflower Communicator
|May 25, 2018||Volume 8, Number 22|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Admen Assistant: ext. 11
Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, Wed & Fri:
7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Tue, Thu & Sat:
7:00 am - 9:00 pm
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours of Operation:
Daily 5:00 am - 11 pm
Current Number of Subscribers: 798
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community on a timely basis.
The Latest News
1. HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY: The Village Center will be open from 7:00am to 2:00pm on Monday - Memorial Day. The Administrative offices will be closed. Back to regular hours on Tuesday, the 29th of May.
2. SATURDAY NIGHT DANCE: Don't forget to bring your dancing shoes and listen to some good 50's 60's music. Saturday May 26 from 6:00 to 8:30 in the Fiesta Room. Your host Marty Rice will be providing the music. Hope to see you all there.
3. SINGLES AND FRIENDS: On June 16th our monthly event will be “Remember Dear Old Dad”. Ticket sales will be next Tuesday, May 29th, from 10:00 a.m. to Noon and again on Wednesday, June 6th from 10:00 a.m. to Noon. The tickets are $10 and we will be having a dinner catered by Dickey’s Barbecue (beef brisket and chicken are the meats). $5 yearly membership required. Please join us to celebrate all fathers.
4. JUNE POTLUCK: Mark your calendar’s for the June 14th, Flag Day Potluck. Ticket sales will be on May 31st from 9:00 am to 11:00 am and we will sell tickets again on June 5th from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm. Please join us for a great meal and to celebrate the flag.
5. MEDICATION LOCK BOXES: Protect grandchildren from accidental poisonings, or older teens or adults from stealing medication from your cupboard for misuse. Store medications in a safe place, such as a prescription drug lock box or a locked medicine cabinet. Marana Prevention Alliance is able to provide a limited number of lock boxes to community members FOR FREE. Please contact Elaine Thorn at 520 744 3334.
6. UPCOMING ELECTION: It's coming up to that time of the year when you will be called upon to volunteer to be a part of the Sunflower Board of Directors. We have 3 Directors who have put in their appreciated time to serve and moving on. So if you like to have any involvement with new ideas and your expertise, this is your chance. The Call for 4 Board Candidates will be necessary to fill the spots and notice will be mailed the week of September 10th, so please think about how you can make a difference. Applications will be be available at the reception desk. Electronic voting and paper ballots will be available starting the week of October 8th, 2018. Our sincere Thanks and Appreciation for the past Board Members for their service.
7. MESSAGE FROM THE CIF Ad-hoc Committee: Our Sunflower Board of Directors has authorized an Ad-hoc committee to gather advise on a CIF (Community Improvement Fund) project. The new committee members are: Charles Ingalls - Chair, Barbara Bernardi - secretary, Shirley Bailey, Betsy Boorse and Jim Smith. Jerry Nugent is the Board liaison. This committee is asking for ideas form Sunflower Residents. Please submit your suggestions at the reception desk in writing, clearly marked CIF - Ad-hoc suggestion. Your suggestion may also be handed directly to one of the committee members. We would like to have the project decided on by October, 2018.
8. VILLAGE CENTER CLOSING AT 5:00PM ON MAY 31, 2018 - THURSDAY. Access to the pool and fitness center will be with your proximity card through the east pool gate. The Center is closing at 5:00pm to have the lobby floor tile re-done. Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2018 Sunflower Community Association