The Sunflower Communicator
|May 18, 2018||Volume 8, Number 21|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Admen Assistant: ext. 11
Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, Wed & Fri:
7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Tue, Thu & Sat:
7:00 am - 9:00 pm
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours of Operation:
Daily 5:00 am - 11 pm
Current Number of Subscribers: 797
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community on a timely basis.
The Latest News
1. KARAOKE: Last month Table #1 served us a “Drop of Golden Sun” with “Doe, a Deer” these females are here. Table #3 Wowed us when they found their Thrill on the Center’s Hill. You don’t have to run too “Fa” to the Center, so Drop your Blueberries on your table & come out & be a Table Singer or Lead Singer @ Karaoke with Host Louie on Tuesday evening at 6:30pm
2. ROMEO LUNCH NEWS: As of May 2018, the ROMEO lunch will alternate between the second Tuesday and the second Wednesday of each month. The lunch reservation time will continue to be 11:45 AM and the carpool time will vary depending on the restaurant's location. Sign up closing will still be at noon on the day before the lunch. Sign up is important so we can give the restaurant a count to reserve and set space for us. ROMEO2, the breakfast version, will continue to be on the fourth Tuesday of the month with a 9 AM reservation.
3. SINGLES AND FRIENDS: We will begin selling tickets for our June 16th “Remember Dear Old Dad” event at this Saturday’s “Fallen Heroes” dinner. The tickets are $10 and we will be having a dinner catered by Dickey’s Barbecue (beef brisket and chicken are the meats). $5 yearly membership required. For those who are coming this Saturday, please remember that there will be a collection box for monetary donations for Camp Bravo – a place for homeless veterans. Personal hygiene items are also welcome.
4. JUNE POTLUCK: Mark your calendar’s for the June 14th, Flag Day Potluck.Ticket sales will be on May 31st from 9:00 am to 11:00 am and we will sell tickets again on June 5th from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm. Please join us for a great meal and to celebrate the flag.
5. STRENGTH CLASS: Summer schedule is Tuesday and Thursday at 10:30am to 11:30am.
6. FITNESS CLUB: The Fitness Club is happy to share our water aerobic equipment with residents who are using the pool. We kindly ask that you return the items to the storage cabinet when you are finished. We are having issues with people removing items and not replacing them, thus allowing the items to blow around the pool deck and get broken. Thank you for your help in this matter.
7. MESSAGE FROM THE ARC: The Architectural Review Committee would like all residents be aware that the new Revision "D" of the Sunflower Residential Design Guidelines dated 5/01/2018 has been approved by the Board of Directors. Please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with this most referred to document. It is available on the Sunflowerliving website, and if no access is available, you may request a hard copy at the reception desk. Printing charges may apply. This current and accurate guideline replaces all the old versions. This is the best reference to anyone who plans on any upgrading or curb appeal changes you have in mind for your home. Keep this document handy for easy reference.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2018 Sunflower Community Association