The Sunflower Communicator
|May 11, 2018||Volume 8, Number 20|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Admen Assistant: ext. 11
Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, Wed & Fri:
7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Tue, Thu & Sat:
7:00 am - 9:00 pm
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours of Operation:
Daily 5:00 am - 11 pm
Current Number of Subscribers: 797
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community on a timely basis.
The Latest News
1. BOCCE: The Sunflower Bocce Club is now playing at 9:00am on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Come on out and see us.
2. TECH CLUB MEETING: Ever wondered what's so smart about a smart phone? We use 'em all the time, and sometimes they seem Anything but smart! At this month's meeting we'll find out what is smart about these ever-present devices, and a whole lot more. And - did you know there are helpful, free online courses on a bunch of technology topics? Come to the Tech Club meeting at 10am on Wednesday, May 16th to hear the details. All are welcome!
3. ROMEO LUNCH NEWS: As of May 2018, the ROMEO lunch will alternate between the second Tuesday and the second Wednesday of each month. The lunch reservation time will continue to be 11:45 AM and the carpool time will vary depending on the restaurant's location. Sign up closing will still be at noon on the day before the lunch. Sign up is important so we can give the restaurant a count to reserve and set space for us. ROMEO2, the breakfast version, will continue to be on the fourth Tuesday of the month with a 9 AM reservation.
4. SINGLES AND FRIENDS: For those who are attending our May 19th event, where we will be paying tribute to our veterans, please note that there will be a collection box for monetary donations. Personal hygiene items are also welcome. The money and donated items will go to Camp Bravo - a place for homeless veterans.
5. FITNESS CLUB: The Fitness Club is happy to share our water aerobic equipment with residents who are using the pool. We kindly ask that you return the items to the storage cabinet when you are finished. We are having issues with people removing items and not replacing them, thus allowing the items to blow around the pool deck and get broken. Thank you for your help in this matter.
6. STRENGTH CLASS: Summer schedule is Tuesday and Thursday at 10:30am to 11:30am.
7. SATURDAY MORNING COFFEE VISITORS: This Saturday, May 12th, Roxanne Ziegler , council woman for the Town of Marana and Jack Neubeck, a potential candidate for the Marana Town Council will be joining the coffee drinkers. Jack is not yet on the ballot for the upcoming election, but would like to be. Instead of going door to door in Sunflower obtaining signatures for placement on the ballot, council woman Zegler asked for a meet and greet with the residents and Saturday morning coffee was an opportunity. Mr. Neubeck will introduce himself and answer any questions you may have for a potential candidate and Ms. Ziegler as a current council woman will also answer any questions Sunflower residents may have about the state of the Town of Marana. Mr. Neubeck's bio is available at the Reception desk and copies will be available Saturday morning.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2018 Sunflower Community Association