The Sunflower Communicator
|April 27, 2018||Volume 8, Number 18|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Admen Assistant: ext. 11
Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, Wed & Fri:
7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Tue, Thu & Sat:
7:00 am - 9:00 pm
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours of Operation:
Daily 5:00 am - 11 pm
Current Number of Subscribers: 797
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community on a timely basis.
The Latest News
1. 2018 FINE ARTS AND CRAFTS FESTIVAL: The 18th annual Fine Arts and Crafts Festival is scheduled this year on November 2nd and 3rd. The application is available at the Reception desk and also online at www.sunflowerliving.com. Go to resident information, scroll down to forms and click Fine Arts Festival for the application. You will also be able to fill out the application online and then print it. Get your application in early to secure your favorite spot. We are encouraging any new artists and crafters to join us this year. It's really a lot of fun! *Please note that your checks need to be made out to Linda Jordan. If you have any questions, you can call Linda Jordan, Committee Chair at 520-572-1705.
3. CULINARY CLUB MEETING: The Culinary Club meeting this month is a trip to Alfonso Gourmet Olive Oil and Balsamics (7854 N Oracle Road). The owner will be giving us information and a 10% discount. The trip is on April 30th. We will be leaving the Village Center at 10:30am. If there are questions call Mary Milbrath 572-2086.
4. POTLUCK COMMITTEE: The May potluck will be on May 10th. We are calling it the May Flowers Potluck (even though there have not been any April showers yet). Tickets will be on sale May 2nd from 10 to 12 in the lobby of the Village Center. Tickets are $2 per person unless you bring a main dish and then 2 tickets are free. We hope to see you there to celebrate spring! Questions to Lillian Fraire 977-5026.
5. SINGLES AND FRIENDS: We will be selling tickets for our May 19th event next Wednesday, May 2nd from 9:00 to 11:00a.m. and Friday, May 4th from 1:00 to 3:00p.m. Memorial Day is in May so we will be paying tribute to our Veterans. There will be some speakers from Camp Bravo telling us what they do there to help our homeless veterans. The dinner that night will be chicken, salads and desert. Tickets are $10. Membership is $5 per year.
6. SUNFLOWERLIVING.COM AND AUTHENTICATION: The Sunflowerliving.com web site has been around since the early days and is maintained by a group of Sunflower volunteers known as the website committee. The current version of the Sunflowerliving website went live in 2009. A password has been required for viewing committee and Board minutes as well as financial information since at least 2009. When the Board decided to post videos of the Board meetings, these videos are also located on the private side of the site that requires the user to authenticate who they are. Since the site has gone live (2009), the same username and password has been provided to every resident that wants to access the private side of the Sunflowerliving.com site to view the minutes, financial reports, Board meeting videos. These pages are password protected as they might contain personal information and these pages are intended to be viewed by Sunflower residents only. The username and password are available at the Reception Desk, any Resident Service Coordinator working the desk can provide the information to you, (if you don't already have the username and password).Then save the information in your browser for future reference.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2018 Sunflower Community Association