The Sunflower Communicator
|March 30, 2018||Volume 8, Number 14|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Admen Assistant: ext. 11
Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, Wed & Fri:
7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Tue, Thu & Sat:
7:00 am - 9:00 pm
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours of Operation:
Daily 5:00 am - 11 pm
Current Number of Subscribers: 794
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community on a timely basis.
The Latest News
1. VILLAGE CENTER EASTER SUNDAY HOURS: The Village Center will be open from 9:00am to 2:00pm on Easter Sunday, April 1, 2018.
2. LAST DANCE OF THE SEASON:. Don't miss Dick Smith's Class of '59 playing all the hits that we all can listen and dance to. Come join in on the fun with your friends and neighbors, Saturday, April14th. BYOB. Suggested donation - $5.00 . See you there!
3. KARAOKE IN APRIL: APRIL 3RD, This coming Tuesday. Hop on over to the Center for April Foolery! No kidding. So get off your kEasters & be some-Bunny because these laughs will be Egg-zactly what you need! We Love all of our Singers and Table Singers. Join Emcee Louie this Tuesday evening @6:30pm where we'll be all Ears!
4. SILVERWOOD DUO: Please join us in the Fiesta Room on Sunday, April 15th, at 2:30 p.m. - 3:30p.m. for the performance of Silverwood Duo. Renee Bond plays the flute and Paige Jackson plays the guitar. Silverwood Duo brings the rich tradition of classical chamber music to their audiences.
Tickets will be sold on Wednesday, April 4th, from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and Thursday, April 12th, from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. for $10.00.
5. TRAVEL CLUB: Our Travel Desk will be open Wednesday, April 4th, from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. We still have two tickets available for the April 12th Sonoita Wine Tour. $100 includes bus transportation, wine tastings at four vineyards and lunch. Call Tim Murphy at 797-4954 with any questions. This will be the last time to sign up for our Members Meeting that will be on Tuesday, April 17th from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. We will be serving a light dinner. This is for members only with a nominal sign up fee of $1.00. Sign up is required so we’ll know how many to plan for. Please come and give us your input for our next season.
6. APRIL POTLUCK: Our tickets sales for the April 12th POTLUCK will be on April 5th from 10am to 12pm. Last day for tickets. Main dish is pretty full but still need deserts and salads. This look like it will be a fun potluck so hope to see you all there. Sharyn 665-8830
7. ROMEO PASTY DINNER PARTY - OPEN TO ALL SUNFLOWER RESIDENTS: Everybody is Welcome to Attend a Pasty Dinner Party, Tuesday, April 24th at 5 PM in the Fiesta Room Hosted by the ROMEO Group.
There are four varieties in two sizes of this flaky crust pie: Traditional, Beef, Vegetarian or Chicken. The ingredients in each variety is available with the registration sheet at the Village Center.
A small pasty dinner includes: (approx. 8 ounce) Pasty, Cole Slaw, dessert and service items for $7
A large pasty dinner includes (approx. 16 ounce) Pasty, Cole Slaw, dessert and service items for $10.
Choose the variety and size dinner at the Village Center and prepay before April 18th unless sold out prior.Frozen Pasties can be ordered too, small are $4 and large are $7. This is a 'bring your own beverage' party. Please have exact cash. Thank you.
8. SINGLES AND FRIENDS SPRING FLING: Our April 21st event will be “Spring Fling”. We will have a Ham dinner with one of the sides being Macaroni and Cheese – mentioning this for those who don’t eat pork. Our entertainment for the night will be “The Latest Traditions” trio consisting of two Appalachian Mountain dulcimers and a guitar. Tickets are $10. Membership required – you can join for $5. Tickets will be on sale next Tuesday, April 3rd, from 10:00 a.m. to Noon and also on Friday, April 6th from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. Call Fran Gauthier at 572-2167 with any questions.
9. 2018 FINE ARTS AND CRAFTS FESTIVAL: Great News! The 18th annual Fine Arts and Crafts Festival is scheduled this year and will be held on November 2nd and 3rd. The application will be available March 1, 2018 at the front desk and online. Good News! You will be able to fill out the application online and then print it. To print and fill out the online application you will need to goto www.sunflowerliving.com, resident information, scroll down to forms and click Fine Arts and Crafts Festival for the application. We will do our best to place you in the location you request, however we cannot hold your spot from the previous year assuming you'll be participating this year, that's why it's a good idea to get your application in early. We are encouraging any new artists and crafters to join us this year. It's really a lot of fun! *Please note that your checks need to be made out to Linda Jordan. If you have any questions, you can call Linda Jordan, Committee chair at 520-572-1705
10. PICKLEBALL NEWS: Bernadette Bruner won a bronze medal in Women's Doubles 4.0 skill level at the Quail Creek Classic pickleball tournament in Green Valley. The blowing winds were mighty, but Bernie prevailed (once again)! All proceeds went to St Jude Children's Research Hospital. Congratulations Bernie!
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2018 Sunflower Community Association