The Sunflower Communicator
|January 5, 2018||Volume 8, Number 01|
In This Issue
You can read this newsletter (and previous issues)
on the Web
Visit the Sunflower Website:
Staff Phone Numbers:
Front Desk: ext. 10
Admen Assistant: ext. 11
Manager: ext. 18
Sunflower Village Center Hours of Operation:
Mon, Wed & Fri:
7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Tue, Thu & Sat:
7:00 am - 9:00 pm
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Swimming Pool and Fitness Center Hours of Operation:
Daily 5:00 am - 11 pm
Current Number of Subscribers: 783
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
A new issue of the newsletter will be emailed to subscribers whenever the Association has information to be shared with the community on a timely basis.
The Latest News
1. CASINO TRIP: The first casino trip for the year will be on Monday, January 22nd to Wild Horse Casino. An update to the particulars: the casino is requesting $15 upfront to go on the trip; that $15 will include a $30 value of $25 in free play and $5 food voucher. Sign up at the front desk with your name and phone number. If we get enough people, we will let you know when and where we will collect the $15. We will need 45 people to make this trip happen....see you on the trip!
2. GREAT MINNESOTA GET TOGETHER: Save the Date! Sunday, January 28 2018 for the Great Minnesota Get Together. It will be held in the Fiesta Room from 1-3pm. There will be 1, just one, planning meeting for the upcoming Great MN Get-Together. It will be on Monday, Jan. 8th at 10:00am in the Conference Room. No need to RSVP, just come and join others who want to plan this fun event which will be held on "Sunday, Jan 28th in the Fiesta Room.
3. KIDS UNLIMITED POSTPONEMENT: Stay tuned, Kids Unlimited fans...unfortunately, the Kids Unlimited performance scheduled for this Saturday, January 6th at 2:30pm is being canceled due to some technical staffing issues they have. We will be attempting to re-schedule the performance for another day in the next three months before our Sunflower snowbirds fly the coop. Please keep your eyes peeled for an anticipated announcement of a new date to enjoy these energetic and talented young people!
4. TREASURE YOUR VALENTINE POTLUCK: Tickets for the "Treasure Your Valentine" February 8th potluck will go on sale January 31st and February 1st from 10AM until Noon. Inquiries may be addressed to Jacqui Tibbs at 520-360-6351. Social Hour at 5:30pm; Dinner at 6:00PM.
5. TRAVEL CLUB: Our next sales desk will be on Wednesday, January 17th from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. This is the first day that we will be selling tickets for the April 12th Sonoita Wine Tour. The price of $100 for this all day tour includes bus transportation with a wine tour guide onboard, wine tastings at four vineyards and lunch. Travel Club or Bacchus Wine Club membership required - limit of 30 people. We still have some tickets available for the TSO February 11th 2:00p.m. performance of "Let's Dance" at $64pp. Sales are also continuing for the March 20th - 23rd Palm Springs Trip. The price is $750/couple with a $200 deposit or $580/single with a $150 deposit. Call Joan Forgue at 572-8997 with any questions. Also on sale are tickets for the Saturday, March 10th 7:05 p.m. game of the AZ Roadrunners Hockey team at $24pp. Center Seating - handicap accessible. Seats are in Section 202 - Rows H - L. This event is open to ALL SUNFLOWER RESIDENTS and there is no transportation provided.
6. SINGES AND FRIENDS WINTER WONDERLAND: Come join Singles and Friends for our "Winter Wonderland" on January 20, 2018. This will be our first event of the New Year. We'll have a lasagna dinner, meat or vegetarian, with entertainment provided by a Chorale Group. You will have to pay your 2018 membership dues of $5.00, as well as $10 for the January event for a total of $15. Tickets will be on sale next Tuesday and Thursday, January 9th and 11th, from 10:00am to 12:00 noon. Please be aware that you don't have to be "Single" to join. We have several married couples as members.
7. LOST AND FOUND: There are numerous sweat shirts, sweaters, eye glasses, water cups/bottles, dog vest, keys blanket, towels and 10+ hats. Please stop by the slot and found cabinet and claim if the item is yours. All unclaimed items will be donated to a charity after January 10th.
8. CULINARY CLUB MEETING: The Culinary Club will meet Monday, January 29th at 10:30 am in the Fiesta Room. Our theme will be appetizers. It is not necessary to sign-up in advance. If you attend, please bring enough of an appetizer so that 6-8 people may each have two bites. Please also bring a serving utensil and your own beverage. Ice water, paper plates, cups, forks and napkins will be provided. If you have not yet joined, you may do so at the January meeting. Dues for 2018 are $1 per person. Hope that we will see you on the 29th.
Sunflower Community Association
Copyright © 2018 Sunflower Community Association